We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nile Cruise and Red Sea

West Midlands
Level Contributor
24 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Nile Cruise and Red Sea

I'm looking to book a week's Nile Cruise and a week at a Red Sea resort (harder than it sounds!). I've found a company called Classic Holidays - has anyone travelled with them please and if so what are they like. Alternatively does anyone know of a company that does this.

Many thanks

Gloucestershire UK
Level Contributor
339 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nile Cruise and Red Sea

We booked with Cosmos a couple of years ago, everything worked out fine.

Austin

West Country
Level Contributor
1,460 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nile Cruise and Red Sea

Thomas Cook signature used to do that type of holiday but I haven't seen a brochure recently. Might be worth checking out though.

Wales
Level Contributor
2,184 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nile Cruise and Red Sea

Yes, we found it hard to find a company that did that combination, especially Nile + Marsa Alam, but like cidercyber we went with Cosmos and it was excellent.

The Scottish Borders
Level Contributor
2,549 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nile Cruise and Red Sea

You could also try the following companies who offer cruise and stay holidays, not all are bookable online, only via phone or in a travel agents.

www.thomson.co.uk

www.firstchoice.co.uk

www.discoveregypt.co.uk

www.kuoni.co.uk

www.longwoodholidays.co.uk

www.thomascook.co.uk

www.virginholidays.co.uk

www.monarch.co.uk

www.co-operativetravel.co.uk

Suzie

Wales
Level Contributor
2,184 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nile Cruise and Red Sea

Most of those don't offer a week cruise + a week the Red Sea though, unless it's as a third party.

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
1,728 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nile Cruise and Red Sea

Try to check those companies that are listed on the recommended list:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g294201-c85399/Cairo:…

Freelancers Travel has a package called ALL IN ONE on their website. It combines history and sea. That might be of interest to you.

You can also ask your operator to customize your own holiday.

CHEERS

West Midlands
Level Contributor
24 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nile Cruise and Red Sea

Thanks to everyone who responded, I shall certainly check out all your suggestions, I was beginning to think we couldn't manage it!

Thanks again

christchurch dorset...
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nile Cruise and Red Sea

I went to Egypt, 15/9/12, first to Cairo, then on to Luxor for a cruise, got to Abu simbel and thence to Stella Makadi on the Red sea, all with Co-op/ classic holidays, I have never had such a great time, organisation was superb, the cruise and our small party of brits (27) was great. You won't have any problems, no trouble in the country. watch out for venders!! good luck, malcolm8900@inbox.com

West Country
Level Contributor
1,460 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nile Cruise and Red Sea

Please don't post email addresses on the forums. It leaves you wide open to lots of unwelcome spam.

West Midlands
Level Contributor
24 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Nile Cruise and Red Sea

Thanks again everyone - we are checking out the sites you recommended and now have a list of possible options. Can't thank you all enough.