We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just Got Back! Amazing!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
29 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Just Got Back! Amazing!

I just got back from an 11 day adventure through Egypt and had an AMAZING time!

If you are considering going, don't hesitate, just go. It's very safe and the people are friendly and welcoming and very excited to see tourists.

We did have some hiccups along the way, but that's to be expected with any vacation, especially one in a country so different from our own, but all in all it was the trip of a lifetime.

The sites, for the most part, were devoid of tourists (we were completely alone in Luxor Temple with the exception of a small Asian film crew who kept to one area of the temple), which gave us amazing photo opportunities but broke our hearts at the same time, knowing how much these people rely on tourism. So, go, go, GO!

I want to say a HUGE THANK YOU to everyone on Trip Advisor! Reading the various forums and reviews and your responses to my questions really helped us prepare for our trip. Trip Advisor is my new favorite website thanks to you all!

We look forward to going back and hitting up the Sinai Pensisula area for a little R & R next time!

I wrote a blog throughout our travels, and if you are interested in reading our adventures or seeing some of the pictures, here is the link:

www.singingwithelephants.blogspot.com

Thanks, again, TA people for all your amazing advice!

Mentioned in this post
Egypt
Egypt
Africa
Luxor Temple
Luxor Temple
3,462 Reviews
Luxor, Egypt
Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
2,556 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just Got Back! Amazing!

Hello

Thank you for posting the link to your wonderful blog, have just spent the last 50 minutes reading it.

I especially enjoyed reading the "side notes from the road" and was sitting laughing at my work desk at some of them. "Egypt is where our cars come to die" - ROFL!!!!

Fantastic photos (especially the one with the crocodile)

Apart from the hassle in Luxor which I was really sorry to read you experienced it really looked like you both had an amazing holiday.

Again, thanks for sharing the blog and your vacation with us all

Suzie :-)

Mentioned in this post
Egypt
Egypt
Africa
Luxor
Luxor
Nile River Valley, Egypt
Leeds
Level Contributor
165 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just Got Back! Amazing!

What a fantastic blog, I really enjoyed reading about your trip, thank you.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
29 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just Got Back! Amazing!

Thank you, Suzie and MonaLisaLuxor!

We most certainly had an amazing time! The hassle in Luxor was a bit overwhelming, but we understood where they were coming from, especially looking at the sad amount of tourists there. It did not keep us from enjoying ourselves, though, and getting out and seeing things-- Karnak Temple was one of my favorite visits over the whole trip-- but, staying at the Winter Palace, we also didn't have a problem relaxing by the pool in the afternoons :).

I hope with the fall season more people will return. I would love to go back and see more of the real Luxor (not just the sites) when everything is back to normal!

Mentioned in this post
Luxor
Luxor
Nile River Valley, Egypt
Long Beach, CA
Level Contributor
118 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just Got Back! Amazing!

Thanks for posting, I am going next month and I'm so excited but I'm tired of all the dire warnings I get form family and co-workers. I'm going to share your blog with them.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
29 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just Got Back! Amazing!

Please do, rainalini!

My family and friends had the same concerns, but I can't stress enough how safe it is there! Egyptians are so extremely friendly and love seeing people traveling to their country again. The hospitality we received from everyone while there was so wonderful. We were not concerned for our safety at any point.

Enjoy your trip and take lots of pictures! It certainly is the trip of a lifetime!

6. Re: Just Got Back! Amazing!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, May 26, 2012