We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Egypt Air booking on line

australia
11 posts
Save Topic
Egypt Air booking on line

Hello,

I want to book some flights on line & want to get the cheapest prices & as I have been reading if you book as an egypt person you get the flights heaps cheaper, BUT it wont accept my visa, is there any advise on the best way to book this, I am Australian & are going to Egypt in 2 weeks. Should I just book my tickets when I get there, will they be as cheap then? Please any advise would be great on how to get a cheaper flights.

Much appreciated with thanks

ada
cardiff
Level Contributor
1,190 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Egypt Air booking on line

as you've probably read on the forum it seems a bit pot luck whether you get the egyptian price or not on the internet - something to do with the credit card location number and your computer id. The tricks people have used are try another card or another computer.If it still doesnt work you have 2 options:

- if you need to travel on particular date/time bite the bullet and use your real home country for the internet booking. The fare will be more expensive but you will have the peace of mind of your booked trip and the price difference is not always that big.

- if your travel arrangements are more relaxed then wait till you get to egypt. If it is in 2 weeks time the price may not have gone up too much and as it is the egyptian price may still be cheaper than the 'oz' price. The egyptair staff/offices were friendly and efficient and there is one in cairo airport when you arrive. The office near the Cairo museum was closed in dec and it looked permanent. Obviously more popular times/dates will get booked up but thats a chance you take and easier if only 1 person.

Happy travels

Long Beach, NY
Level Contributor
884 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Egypt Air booking on line

archiebaby, someone on one of these forums suggested calling your credit card company to let them know that you plan to make a purchase on Egypt Air’s website.

australia
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Egypt Air booking on line

Thanks so much for your help, I couldnt book it to start with I could get all the way to entering my visa card & then it said it couldnt process the payment, I called my bank & got them to change myu settings & within 10 minutes I booked the flights at Egyptian prices, eg: cairo to aswan for 2 people $269 USD but I got 2 ticktes for $89 USD so its worth trying, lets hope we dont get caught. I also entered a hotel phone number where we will be staying as my home number. Im very excited now.

ada
cardiff
Level Contributor
1,190 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Egypt Air booking on line

you wont be 'caught' , you have made a valid transaction. All you have to do is print off the e-tickets and remember to take the card you did the booking with you on your travels. Keep an eye on your emails until you travel as egyptair seemed to be good at updating you about any changes and you may get a new e-ticket if there is a time change.

5. Re: Egypt Air booking on line

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, February 08, 2010