We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much Money do i need in Egypt?

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
18 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
How much Money do i need in Egypt?

Hi,

I am heading to Egypt for 10 days and am booked on a tour which includes accomodation and transportation. I need to figure out how mouch money to take just for food, entry fees and a little bit of shopping.

I am currently holidaying in UAE so trying to figure out costs.

We dont mind eating cheaply and when i say little shopping i am thinking maybe 1 souvenier. Are the entry fees for the sites in US dollars? and how much are visas for entry?

Joburg, South Africa
Level Contributor
225 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much Money do i need in Egypt?

I posted a general item on money issues in Egypt. It won't all be relevant to you, since you are doing a tour, but it includes accurate entry fees to many sites, which you may find useful.

Entrance fees are quoted in Egyptian Pounds (LE).

If you're serious about eating cheaply, you can budget LE20-30 per meal.

Here's the link to my earlier post:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294200-i9124-k163…

arizona
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: How much Money do i need in Egypt?

hello

i want my friend to come from egypt but im not a us citizen or resident i need to know how to do something to help this person come to see me i need this informations as fast as i can!!

Aswan, Egypt
Level Contributor
361 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How much Money do i need in Egypt?

Hi Zaira

I think its very difficult for an egyptian or an arabian to go USA now especially in these conditions in the whole world, but anyway you can send the american embassy in Cairo egypt.usembassy.gov

Cheers,

4. Re: How much Money do i need in Egypt?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 pm, September 20, 2009