We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st trip to South Pacific for Scuba Diving - advice?

Vancouver, WA
Level Contributor
18 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
1st trip to South Pacific for Scuba Diving - advice?

Greetings all - for many years I have been wanting to make my way to the South Pacific for a week or two of awesome scuba diving and exploring the islands. I have decided that 2011 is going to be the year so I am ready to plan my visit for sometime in February or March.

Micronesia is at the top of my list at this time so I am hoping that the experts for the region can help with some advice. I will be flying out of Portland, Oregon. United or one of their partner airlines is preferred. I will have a very limited budget (I work for a non-profit organization helping to conserve energy use and help industrial businesses switch from using fossil fuels to wind or solar energy) so I am looking for clean yet inexpensive lodging. What money I do have for this trip will go primarily to diving - I typically complete 4-to-5 dives per day whenever I visit a tropical dive location. Obviously unlimited dive offers are most appealing to my style of dive travel. I am also interested in getting to know a few locals while diving, hiking, zip-lining, or whatever other outdoor adventures are available. I look forward to seeing your responses!

Ray

Tumon, Mariana...
Level Contributor
7 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: 1st trip to South Pacific for Scuba Diving - advice?

You can always make trades with locals, for example free lodging in exchange for free participation in part of your trip, etc. Unlimited variations as you can imagine, and certainly the best guudes and advice you will find. Check out www.guams.info for a start.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
12 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: 1st trip to South Pacific for Scuba Diving - advice?

We made our (long) way to Kosrae this past September and it was worth it! There is definitely no nightlife etc, but the diving is divine, spectacular in every aspect. We stayed at Pacific Tree Lodge which was adequate in every way, reasonable, clean accommodations, good food and decent Wi-Fi (included).

It was Dive, Eat, Sleep....All the way...

13. Re: 1st trip to South Pacific for Scuba Diving - advice?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 am, November 30, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Federated States of...
More Federated States of Micronesia Topics