We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traffic on a Sunday

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
719 posts
94 reviews
Traffic on a Sunday

We are planning to take an airport limo bus to Incheon on a Sunday morning from Myeongdong. As our flight is at 1030, I am planning to leave around 730. Is there normally traffic so early on a Sunday? Should we plan for more time?

TIA!

Rayleigh, United...
Destination Expert
for Seoul, Rothenburg
Level Contributor
13,285 posts
268 reviews
1. Re: Traffic on a Sunday

That should be OK.

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
514 posts
16 reviews
2. Re: Traffic on a Sunday

Traffic should be fine, but you still will have 1.5~2 hrs to pass check in, security and immigration. You could still be fine since it's early in the morning, but I'd suggest leaving 0.5~1 hr earlier to be sure.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
719 posts
94 reviews
3. Re: Traffic on a Sunday

Is 3 hours the norm for Incheon? We usually plan to arrive 2 hours before our flight for most of our travels.

Pasig, Philippines
Level Contributor
338 posts
39 reviews
4. Re: Traffic on a Sunday

To post number 3: Well, not really, but it is safest to arrive way early to anticipate airport queues. I usually do that (arrive in airport two hours before my flight) and I find it just enough (not too early but not late. During my latest visit last first week of April, since the terminal is very far from the check in counter, it was already boarding time when I arrived. My flight is around that time too, but on a weekday).

Edited: 12:01 am, May 06, 2016
Rayleigh, United...
Destination Expert
for Seoul, Rothenburg
Level Contributor
13,285 posts
268 reviews
5. Re: Traffic on a Sunday

3 hrs from Seoul itself is only enough when traffic light or if you're already checked in, eg at CALT or if you are at Seoul Station boarding train. Any other location or route warrants at least 3.5 hours to be reasonably sure of getting to ICN with 2 hrs in hand.

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
527 posts
271 reviews
6. Re: Traffic on a Sunday

We found the traffic on Saturdays and Sundays to be worse than the weekdays!

It took our Airport bus nearly 2 hours to make it to our hotel. Traffic was in gridlock.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
719 posts
94 reviews
7. Re: Traffic on a Sunday

This past Sunday morning we took a little more than an hour to get from Changmuro stop to Incheon on the Airport bus.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
719 posts
94 reviews
8. Re: Traffic on a Sunday

This past Sunday morning we took a little more than an hour to get from Changmuro stop to Incheon on the Airport bus.

San Mateo...
Level Contributor
335 posts
535 reviews
9. Re: Traffic on a Sunday

The earlier the better. Provided that you can do prior online check in and do a bag drop when you get to incheon. Generally, limousine bus takes an average of 90 minutes one way. However, that is only a suggestion.

10. Re: Traffic on a Sunday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 14, 2017