We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Re: Renting a taxi to Mt Seoraksan

Which Seoul hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
36 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Re: Renting a taxi to Mt Seoraksan

HI,

does anyone has any idea how much does it cost to rent a taxi for a day from seoul to mt seoraksan? i am planning a day trip. There are just two of us. I know there are express buses. But I am thinking of taxi instead of bus if it is not too expensive. Anyone has good taxi driver to recommend?

Thank you.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,883 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Re: Renting a taxi to Mt Seoraksan

A taxi ride just from the bus terminal in Sokcho to the entrance of Seoraksan will set you back 16 000 won - that is one way - this is a relatively short distance within the locale itself and takes 20 minutes. You are talking about a full day from Seoul.

Hourly Prices are indicative here -

http://intltaxi.co.kr/en/rates.html

I would imagine a one day trip all up is going to take around 10 hours so you would be up for around a minimum of 150, 000 - 180,000 as you would have to add in petrol, tolls, parking expenses etc. It takes almost 3 hours to get to Seorak from Seoul. Its quite a distance.

Edited: 5:25 pm, October 30, 2013
Rochester, New York
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Re: Renting a taxi to Mt Seoraksan

Hello,

I just did the trip to Seoraksan from Seoul. It is an easy bus ride. I have never been to Korea before, don't speak Korean, and yet I found it very manageable. A bus leaves every half hour or so from the DongSeol bus station. A taxi would be very expensive. The bus is very affordable.

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
36 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Re: Renting a taxi to Mt Seoraksan

hi,

thank you carol and cat for your reply.

4. Re: Re: Renting a taxi to Mt Seoraksan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, November 02, 2014