We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nursing rooms/ baby rooms?

Which Seoul hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
39 posts
177 reviews
Save Topic
Nursing rooms/ baby rooms?

Hi

I plan to travel in end oct with my 3 boys 6,4 and 5mths. Are there nursing rooms around malls and in Lotte world/ ever land? Is Seoul stroller friendly ?

What is the fastest and most convenient way from Incheon to Ibis Myeongdong? If arriving early morning, are there airport buses to take?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
4 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nursing rooms/ baby rooms?

Have you heard any more on tips for traveling with baby is Seoul? We are planning a trip in the Spring with baby who will be 8 months. I'm worried about:

Breastfeeding in public

Stroller on narrow streets

Diaper changing areas

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,883 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nursing rooms/ baby rooms?

I must admit I can't recall seeing a stroller in Seoul (the city) but places such as Korea Folk Village and theme parks- yes - family groups do use them. In crowded areas in the city - like Myeongdong - it would be a nuisance. I would tend to head for shopping centres/department stores (put this into your itinerary each morning and afternoon) to take the family for a break, as these are the same as shopping centres anywhere else in the modern world (most will provide free strollers to get around in them, so will those theme parks and yes these places will have proper change rooms). Just avoid crowded shopping areas as much as you can as there aren't many people walking around with kids in the city itself on the street - some streets do not have footpaths and you have to walk alongside cars - so take care. Palaces will be fine to visit with a stroller as there are pathways etc. Don't worry too much - its a modern city afterall.

Edited: 5:28 pm, October 20, 2013
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
4 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nursing rooms/ baby rooms?

Thanks for all of the tips. Did you find that it was easy to take the trains with baby? We are trying to avoid using a car seat throughout the trip as well.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,883 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nursing rooms/ baby rooms?

Sorry no baby - but I people watch all of the time. And definitely not many babes on the street in the city - but yes inside shopping malls and at theme parks.

With train stations there are lots and lots of stairs. Look there maybe lifts too - might not be easy to find.... The platforms themselves are good - no gaps between the platform and the train itself. If the baby can be carried in some places - like on escalators and stairs then that would be best, probably what you will need to do. So wheel them up to the subway, take them out, collapse the stroller and navigate the stairs until you get to the train. You will always have to use the side gates to avoid the turnstiles, most likely with all those kids too. I think Korean children travel for free but I am not so sure about visitors to the country - perhaps not. You might need to write another thread - specifically about traveling on the subway with children....

I assume you have to worry about what the baby will be eating too. With that I didn't notice what sorts of food is available and whether any of it is in English - thats if you are using anything in particular - but I would go to an expat forum - maybe to find that sort of stuff out and where to find it.

Some info here

korea4expats.com/article-what-to-bring-to-ko…

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,883 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nursing rooms/ baby rooms?

Here are a few useful bits

www.visitkorea.or.kr/ena/GK/GK_EN_2_5_1.jsp

korea4expats.com/Living-in-Korea-qa-Where-ca…

I note that they say subway is easy - well I can state it isn't always the case. Some stations are really convoluted.

Edited: 4:55 am, October 23, 2013
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Nursing rooms/ baby rooms?

We are in Seoul now with my 2yo daughter and to be frank we did not see many strollers on the street esp around shopping area and subways. We did bring our stroller out almost daily as my daughter is not that light to be carried around on sling the entire day.

Subways have stairs and strollers are not allowed on escalators so you have to carry them up And down the stairs. Elevator available but may have to walk further.

Roads are usually uneven so expect a bit of a bumpy ride. On the streets we usually dine at level 1 rrestaurants because there are usually only stairs leading to shops or restaurants upstairs.

Diaper changing rooms should not be a problem here but dont see nursing room so I sssugget to bring nursing cover. Good luck!

7. Re: Nursing rooms/ baby rooms?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, November 05, 2014