We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jirisan Dulle-GIl Trail #3

Singapore, Singapore
11 posts
Save Topic
Jirisan Dulle-GIl Trail #3

Hi, I will be going to Korea end of Jul and wants to do the above walking trail #3 from Inwol to Guemgye. The route is as below:

Inwol-myeon → Junggun Village → Suseongdae Valley → Janghang Village → Maedong Village → Sanghwang Village → Changwon Village → Geumgye Village

I'm thinking of taking an intercity city bus bound for Jirisan (Baekmu) from Dong Seoul Bus Terminal on 1 Aug morning. I read that the travel time is 3hr 20 mins so i will reach in the afternoon. As the trail is quite long, i don't think i can complete in half a day.

My questions are:

1) I need to find accomdation along the trail and i read that Maedong village can be a stop for the night. Can anyone advise how to find the accomdations and make reservations?

2) If reservations are not possible, how easy will it be to find a place to stay along the way as i heard that summer is peak period?

3) Alternatively, should i stay one night at starting point Inwol and start the next day instead? How can i book my Inwol accomdation?

4) How can i get back to Seoul from Guemgye?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can advise me.

South Korea
Destination Expert
for South Korea
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Jirisan Dulle-GIl Trail #3

1,2,3) I heard there are many accommodation places called 'Minbak' in Maedong village. no online reservation. and there is a Information Center near Inwol bus terminal, about 500m away. news.trail.or.kr/print_paper.php?number=736

So Ask them for more information. and I guess your visiting day will be peak day of summer vocation, but good thing is that you don't worry about losing your way on the trail.

4) There's bus bound for Hamyang and transfer to DongSeoul bus terminal(14:30, 15:50, 17:00, 18:00, 19:00). or just go back to Inwol by bus then return to DongSeoul bus terminal.

2. Re: Jirisan Dulle-GIl Trail #3

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 13, 2014