We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nearest Ski Resort

Which Seoul hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
64 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Nearest Ski Resort

Intend to go to Seoul in December. Understand Alpensia had a nice accommodation at the ski resort. However, it is very far from Incheon Airport. Is there any other ski resort nearby the airport?

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Nearest Ski Resort

There is no ski resort near air port. The nearest one is at Yangji. It is small resort. It is about 120 km away from Incheon air port.

Singapore
Level Contributor
64 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nearest Ski Resort

If we decide to go to Alpensia, understand it is about 3.5 hours by road, can we take the airport limousine bus? How much is the fare?

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Nearest Ski Resort

I guess the fare is about 30,000 won. Good trip !

Seoul, South Korea
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Nearest Ski Resort

If you want to visit Alpensia by airport limousine bus, see the following page.

airport.kr/airport/traffic/bus/busView.iia…

Timeline of departing Buses are writen in Korean so I'll rewrite English here for you ^^

07:30, 09:30(알펜시아경유), 11:00, 13:30(삼척까지), 15:00, 16:30(알펜시아경유),19:30, 21:30

07:30, 09:30(Via Alpensia), 11:00, 13:30(To Samcheok), 15:00, 16:30(Via Alpensia),19:30, 21:30

Alpensia is very nice place but pretty far from Incheon.

I don't know how many person are you traveling with but more than 4 people, I think car hire can be one of the solutions.

If you want to know about it, I can ask info also to my friend, who is CEO of a rent car company. ^^

Edited: 7:21 am, July 02, 2013
Singapore
Level Contributor
64 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nearest Ski Resort

There are 6 of us. Me, my wife and 4 kids ages 20, 17, 11 and 10. Can all of us fit into one car? Planning for a winter holiday in mid December.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
61 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nearest Ski Resort

On our recent trip to Korea in May, we hired a car and an English-speaking driver for the 6 of us. We had a 12-seater car so that the 6 of us and driver and our luggage can all fit nicely into the car. We had a very enjoyable trip. Our driver is a reliable person who took good care of us. If you want more details, you can email me at leenee23@gmail.com.

Seoul, South Korea
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Nearest Ski Resort

As Ann232013 wrote above, 12 seat car will be suitable for your family.

It you mail me some more information, I will ask about it to my friend and give you back answer.

Feel free to ask, and also feel free to compare with any other car hiring cases.

I need informations as followings.

1. You need airport pick-up and go direct to the Alpensia resort, right?

2. How many days are you going to stay there? I mean, when are you need car again to go back to Seoul or Incheon Airport.

3. Are the days you go to Alpensia and back from there weekdays or weekends?

4. Any other services you need?

My email address is cmlew@chol.com

Have a nice day!

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
83 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nearest Ski Resort

Are you set on going to Alpensia?

Compare your other options among 7 best ski resorts with shuttle bus info from Seoul.

inditravel.co.kr/ski-resorts-in-korea-with-m…

Singapore
Level Contributor
64 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nearest Ski Resort

Thanks Hailey. We like Alpensia because of the good reviews and most of all they have the kind of accommodation that suit my family. 2-3 bedrooms apartment type.

I have not look at other ski resorts yet, so if you could help me in giving some of your own advise and suggestions that will be great help. The main thing is the accommodation. It has to be an apartment style with kitchenette.

Looking forward to your reply.

Dallas, Texas
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Nearest Ski Resort

we are going to Seoul in Xmas and would like to hire a car to go skiing, the kids want to see snow. How best to get there?