We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Free tour during 12 hours layover?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Topic
Free tour during 12 hours layover?

I'll arrive at 5am and my next flight is at 5pm. Is there any free tour offering by Asiana air?

Alternatively, if I want to go by myself, which bus or train should I take to Seoul, palaces, museums, and markets?

Thanks

This is KOREA Tours
City Tours, Multi-day Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Top Korea Tour - Private Day Tours
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Color of Korea - Private Day Tours
City Tours, Multi-day Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Iamyourguide
Multi-day Tours, Day Trips, Private Tours, City Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Free tour during 12 hours layover?

You can take expreess train (AREX express ) at the air port and get off at Hongik Univ. station. You can enjoy young culture and open air market there. In order to visit National museum, you get off Seoul staion and transit to No.4 line and get off Ichon station. It is just 4 th stop from Seoul station and takes 10 mins. Museum is near Ichon station. After seeing museum , you take same line subway and get off Myeongdong station. There is big shopping street and many foreign tourists. Maybe you need subway map of Seoul. This will be help. seoulmetro.co.kr/station/eng/linemap.action

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Free tour during 12 hours layover?

There is 6 am express train for Seoul station. Don't take nomal train. It is slow. Maybe you can have some food in Seoul station and go to museum. Museum opens 9 am and every monday is off. If you see museum and Myeongdong, you don;t need to see Hongik university area due to time limit. To go back to air port Incheon, you can easily take limousine bus No.6001 at Ibisambasdor hotel of Myeongdong. It is easy to find the hotel. Hope good trip. seoulmetro.co.kr/station/eng/linemap.action

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Free tour during 12 hours layover?

How am I gonna visit the palace and the markets?

Thanks

4. Re: Free tour during 12 hours layover?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, June 19, 2014