We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pre paid ATM card - which currency?

Which Seoul hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool
Level Contributor
37 posts
155 reviews
Save Topic
Pre paid ATM card - which currency?

Hi everyone.

We're off to Seoul in a fortnight.

I have a UK ATM card. But I also wish to take a pre paid ATM card.

Which currency should I load? Would UK Sterling be acceptable, or would it make better sense to load US dollars? I can't work out what to do! If any of you have taken a pre-paid card to South Korea then I would be grateful for any advice.

Thanks,

Simon

Daejeon, South Korea
Level Contributor
581 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pre paid ATM card - which currency?

Since there is no answer to your post, let me give you some info.

I don't know about the prepaid ATM, if you use credit card, the rate they give you is not really good especially if you choose to pay by your currency.

So I think if possible, load it with KRW and if not, use the credit cards (pay by KRW when you are asked to choose the currency) and carry some cash with you.

I don't think you'll need a lot of cash if you stay in Seoul.

I hope this is helpful.

2. Re: Pre paid ATM card - which currency?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, March 24, 2014