We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelex cash passport, how useful is this in Seoul??

Which Seoul hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Travelex cash passport, how useful is this in Seoul??

I live in the UK and fly to Seoul on Saturday for two months. Until now I thought that the prepaid cash cards done by Travelex weren't an option, but I've since discovered that I can load one with GBP and simply withdraw in Korean won in Seoul. I will also bring a debit and credit card with me, and some cash. Does anyone know how usable and widely accepted the Travelex Mastercard cash passport is in Seoul??

Many thanks.

Cachan, France
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelex cash passport, how useful is this in Seoul??

Since it is a Mastercard it will be accepted any store or restaurant that accept credit cards. But from my experience Travelex offers a really bad exchange rate so I don't really recommend it. If you bring some cash in GBP any bank branch in downtown Seoul will exchange it for KRW with a much better rate than Travelex. Korea Exchange Bank (KEB) offers one of the best rates in the country and its branches are fairly easy to find in the city.

2. Re: Travelex cash passport, how useful is this in Seoul??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 09, 2014