We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

korean money exchange

cumbria
Level Contributor
76 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
korean money exchange

i am traveling from England to Korea in April is it best to exchange money to won before i go or can i get a better exchange rate in Korea, or is it better to take travelers cheques

Rayleigh, United...
Destination Expert
for Seoul, Rothenburg
Level Contributor
11,814 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: korean money exchange

Maybe this should be in the FAQs.

Don't buy won in UK. Don't take travellers cheques. Take an amount of sterling to change at airport for your working capital and then rely on credit cards and ATMs.

It depends on what you want to do as to how much you'll need in won, but most places take cards. Exceptions are small restaurants and street food places.

Jakarta
Level Contributor
79 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: korean money exchange

Hi..

I did some research on the internet and mostly people suggest to get USD in home country then exchange to Won when reached Korea.

Question: Is it safe to exchange money in any of the foreign exchange bureau in Seoul streets or do i have to be cautious on certain type of exchange bureau to prevent getting counterfeit money?

Edited: 3:47 am, August 16, 2013
3. Re: korean money exchange

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, August 18, 2014