We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 days 2 nights in Jeju, coming from Taipei

singapore
Level Contributor
523 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
3 days 2 nights in Jeju, coming from Taipei

Hi I am going to Taipei for 13 days and wanted to use 3 days to visit Jeju, I understand there is a budget air I can use, so intend to go on a Friday, arriving Jeju around noon and returning to Taipei on a Sunday night flight. Going in Sep. I understand there is a trolley bus I can use for touring around. I am alone and it will be too expensive to hire a driver. Would there be group tour packages I can sign up for at the Jeju airport? Is accommodation easy to find? this will be my first time to Jeju and I do not speak Korean.

Jeju, South Korea
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 days 2 nights in Jeju, coming from Taipei

There are a few budget airlines which fly to Jeju from international locations. I do not think there are any flights from Taiwan though. Look into Jeju Air, Jin Air, there is also Dragonair which flies out of Hong Kong 3 times a week direct to Jeju.

Accommodation is easy to find. I would suggest heading to Yeha Guesthouse/Hostel for cheap nightly rates and they also provide a tour bus service which goes to different parts of the island on various days. Rates are 19,000 won a night for a dorm style room. I am sure you can meet some travel buddies there a well. It is also very close to the bus terminal and the entertainment district of Old Jeju City (Just what we call it) "Gu Jeju".

Let me know if you need any more help.

Lucas

http://www.kajeju.com

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
365 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 days 2 nights in Jeju, coming from Taipei

Jin air flies from Taiwan to Jeju direct.

singapore
Level Contributor
523 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 days 2 nights in Jeju, coming from Taipei

many thanks Kajeju and hume. Yes I believe Jin Air, and Trans Air fly from Taoyuan, and in fact Trans Air is cheaper thought timing not as good. Thanks for suggesting the Yeha Guesthouse, yes I do prefer somewhere near the bus station and understand it is better to stay at Jeju town, however are there any hotels instead of dorms?

thanks again.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
365 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 days 2 nights in Jeju, coming from Taipei

can try Libero hotel, standard room 50,000, double room 60,000 won. it's located in new jeju city. very conveniently located near shops & restaurants, only 10 mins by taxi fm the airport. the hotel does not have any website, unless u speak korean, I can provide u with the address & telephone no. if u want.

singapore
Level Contributor
523 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 days 2 nights in Jeju, coming from Taipei

Thank you so much hume. No I do not speak Korean, so how do you reserve the room if they don't have website, and I don't speak Korean? and I have to show the taxi driver the address in Korean too? if I take the bus from airport, would it be easy to find the hotel? Thanks so much.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
365 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 3 days 2 nights in Jeju, coming from Taipei

I booked the hotel thru my taxi guide. the taxi fare from the airport is less than 10,000 won. yes, you can show the address to the taxi driver. u can even ask him to call the hotel owner who will give direction to him. sorry, I don't know whether u can take a bus from the airport, mayb u cud ask the airport staff. if u are interested, give me your email add, I shall send namecard of hotel to u.

singapore
Level Contributor
523 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 3 days 2 nights in Jeju, coming from Taipei

Hi hume, I've PM'ed you, Thanks

8. Re: 3 days 2 nights in Jeju, coming from Taipei

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:52 am, February 19, 2013
singapore
Level Contributor
523 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 3 days 2 nights in Jeju, coming from Taipei

Thanks VikkiSel, I will certain check as many options as possible but one thing about Jeju tours, I think they require a min of 2 pax to sign up whereas I'm alone. I was also advised that joining such groups, you may be brought to a lot of places at whistle stop pace whereas I am happy to stay put in one place if worth staying, eg, I was told a must visit is Seongsan Ilchulbong.

10. Re: 3 days 2 nights in Jeju, coming from Taipei

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 05, 2014