We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel to korea in july 2013

Melbourne...
7 posts
Save Topic
travel to korea in july 2013

I am going to travel to korea in 2013 with my friends for 10 days. Is it possible for me to go to jeju island in this trip?any interesting place and must go place should i go in korea?

ps: i am not fluent in korean language, will this become a big problem when i am in korea?

melbourne
Destination Expert
for Seoul
Level Contributor
1,587 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travel to korea in july 2013

Welcome to TA forum.

Please check "Top Questions about Seoul" located on top right of your screen and click the Must Sees and Do's.

It is possible to go to Jeju Island if you have at least one week to spend. Jeju Island is a beautiful island which deserved at least 2-3 days.

If you can't speak Korean, it can become a bit of problem especially if you're visiting small town where most people do not speak English. The subway is very convenient, easy and cheap, all signs and transfer are in English. If you find any problem, when you're here, you can contact Travel Hotline.. they can help with the interpretation but to do this, you'll need to rent a phone.

To help you with your trip planning, you may read below website:

http://www.visitseoul.net/en/index.do

http://english.visitkorea.or.kr/enu/index.kto

Happy planning.

2. Re: travel to korea in july 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:26 am, January 24, 2013
Melbourne...
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: travel to korea in july 2013

i am planning to go to gyeongju and busan as well. What is the most suitable transportation from seoul to gyeongju?ktx? how about from gyeongju to busan? Besides that, i maybe will spend 3 days and 2 night at jeju island. Just wonder is anyone join the yeha tour in jeju? Because i will stay at yeha guesthouse terminal at jeju island.

Medan, Indonesia
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: travel to korea in july 2013

if I may ask, when is ur travel date in july??

melbourne
Destination Expert
for Seoul
Level Contributor
1,587 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: travel to korea in july 2013

Hi Monica,

You seem to recommend wowcoreatour in almost every post of yours.

Do you work with this travel agency?

Melbourne...
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: travel to korea in july 2013

my trip is from 11 july-21 july:

11 july-12 july : seoul

13 july : gyeongju and stay one night there

14 july : busan and stay one night at busan

15-17 july : jeju island

18 july : flight back from jeju to gimpo, seoul again till 21 july

this is what i plan for my seoul trip. Can i make this work??

Singapore, Singapore
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: travel to korea in july 2013

Hi Stephanie

My husband and i visited Gyeongju last June.

Transportation is not very convenient as only public buses and taxis are available. There were also not many tourists, but we managed to move

around to see the ancient tombs, visit the National Museum, saw the Cheomseongdae Astronomical Observatory and also the Millennium Park.

There is nothing much to see in the Millennium Park if you have already visited some Korean Folk Villages in Seoul.

You may want to spend more time in Seoul if this is your first time visiting Korea as there are plenty to see. Eg, War Museum, some palaces, the Jongmio Shrine, the ancient stream that runs across the city, etc, etc. I have detailed itinerary on Gyeongju that I can email to you.

As for Jeju, it was bad experience for us as Singapore drives on the left side of the road like Australia. Most visitors to Jeju rent a car and this is the most convenient way to move around the island. Transport is pretty difficult and very very few people speaks English. We ended up hiring a cab to take us around. The cab driver's attitude was also bad.

Hope this helps.

Edited: 1:26 am, March 06, 2013
Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
28 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: travel to korea in july 2013

Hi Stephanie,

I went to Korea last Oct for two weeks to Seoul, Gyeongju, Busan and Jeju but felt the trip was too short. There are so many things to do and see at each place, esp. Seoul. I stayed in Seoul for 5 days, Gyeongju for 2, Busan for 3 and Jeju for 3. I think i have covered several popular places in Seoul, Gyeongju and Busan but only a few in Jeju island.

From your itinerary, i think you spread your time so thin for the trip. The time you plan for Seoul is fine but you need more time for the other three cities.

From Seoul, i took KTX from Seoul Station to Singyeongju Station for about 2 hours. Then i took a bus from Singyeongju Station to Gyeongju for about 30 mins. From Gyeongju, i took a bus from intercity bus terminal to Busan bus terminal which takes about an hour.

Transport in Gyeongju and Jeju are not as convenient as the other two cities. Bus intervals are also longer. From my experience, not many people in these two places can speak English so make sure you have the address written in Korean language to show the drivers. I can't speak any Korean but i could read Korean characters and i didn't have any problems during my trip. Korean people are very nice, friendly and helpful.

If you'd like any further information or tips from my trip, just let me know.

Hope you will have a good time in Korea.

Cherry

Melbourne...
7 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: travel to korea in july 2013

Thanks. For the jeju trip, i already booked the yeha jeju trip. Is anyone join that before?

Lahore, Punjab...
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: travel to korea in july 2013

Hi, I am planning my trip to Seoul from 16th to 20th Aug 2013 (Both dates included) I have visited Korea in 2012 as an official visit with Govt. delegation from Pakistan. We stayed at Busan, Masan and Seoul.

Now i am coming again with my daughter 8 years old for vacation. I would like to know about the central place in Seoul city from where we can move easily to tourist attractions. We would like to go to Lotte world, 63 Building, Grand Park, Coax aquarium, Namdaemun Market, Gyeongbokgung Palace, Jogyesa Temple etc.

I need an advise regarding suitable place to live, economical hotel and of course cheap transportation.

Thanks.