We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Companies and Streets in Apgujeong, Gangnam

Which Seoul hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Companies and Streets in Apgujeong, Gangnam

I've done a bit of research and found out that SM Ent. building, CUBE Studio, JYPE building, Cofioca, Rodeo Street and Garosu-gil are all around Apgujeong area. However, I am in a bit of a mess as to which place to go first because they are quite widely spread around, am I right? If anyone has been to these places in one day, I'd like to ask for help as to which order I should follow please. I'm confused.

P.S: Are Rodeo Street and Garosu-Gil the only places worth spending time at in Gangnam?

P.P.S: As for the entertainment company buildings, I won't be staying long, just looking at it and taking some photos from outside.

Daejeon, South Korea
Level Contributor
581 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Companies and Streets in Apgujeong, Gangnam

Okay.

First start from Cube Studio. JYP and Cube are very close by.

JYP which is on the eastest side.

Then walk to SM Entertainment. (less than 5 mins)

You can then walk to Cofioca. (less than 5 mins)

After that you can take a bus to Garosugil.

And for the Rodeo st., SM Entertainment is on the Rodeo St.

This is something I just found out: originally the Rodeo st. refers to the st where the global luxury brands have roadshops and this is where SM entertainment is located. (It was named after Rodeo dr. in LA) But when the Rodeo st became an attraction a lot of shops nearby started to say they are located 'at' Rodeo and the area nearby has been referred to as Rodeo st.

So if you walk from JYP -> SM -> Cofioca, then you are just walking along the hip area.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,883 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Companies and Streets in Apgujeong, Gangnam

When you arrive in Seoul try to get the free map called INSEOUL - Tourist Map of Seou.l Its a monthly edition thing - looks like a small magazine and will have written on it the month, then in capital letters Culture, Shopping, Food, Beauty, Entertainment, Accommodation plus it has coupon images on it (inside are discount coupons for various things). This has a very good map of the areas you want to go to which you can show taxi drivers - in fact my version shows a number of these Entertainment places that you haven't mentioned such as Eden9, Hook etc. I picked this up from my hotel but its also available from the KTO and tourist booths around town.

Start at Chengdam Station, get out at Exit 9. Stay on this road and continue walking to the Cheongdam Intersection, there should be a Citibank on the corner opposite on the RHS. Now you are on the 'Cheongdam Brand Name Street'. Keep walking and turn right at the next street. According to a fairly detailed map I have JYP Entertainment and CUBE are towards the direction of the Blue Pearl Hotel and Ellui Hotels. CUBE is the furthest away, then JYP is on a triangular intersection. Then walk back to the main drag of Cheongdam Street.

Keep walking on the main road of Cheongdam towards The Galleria shopping centre. SM Entertainment is the building next BEFORE this according to my map. Explore The Galleria. Opposite is Apgujeong Rodeo Street which is a square arrangement of streets. So cross the road from Galleria and explore the shops there.

From Apgujeong Street you may want to go around to Dosan Park? If you don't then I would catch a taxi to Garsugil as this is quite a distance away. Start from the Forever21 end and walk back to Sinsa Station.

In Gangnam you may also like to go to the COEX Shopping Centre and nearby Hyundai Depatement Store and another place you may wish to visit is Yeoiudo. If I had time I was told that the French village called Sorae was definitely worth going to but I ran out of time.

Edited: 3:58 pm, December 22, 2012
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Companies and Streets in Apgujeong, Gangnam

This helped me a lot! Thank you ^^

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Companies and Streets in Apgujeong, Gangnam

This helped loads! I will check out the other locations that you have mentioned, thank you ^^

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Companies and Streets in Apgujeong, Gangnam

Hi, I'd like to ask if it would be wiser to head to Seorae from Garosu-gil or Rodeo St., and how do i get there? I've seen the photos, it looks beautiful.

Daejeon, South Korea
Level Contributor
581 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Companies and Streets in Apgujeong, Gangnam

Seorae village from Garosugil will take 30-45mins and you have to take a bus.

In case you decide to go there, here's the direction.

You have to walk to Seocho metro station.

There's a bus station at the no 8 exit of metro.

Take bus no 142.

Get off at Seorae village. (5th station I think)

Cross the street.

The street right next to Mister Pizza is where the cafes are located.

Edited: 1:14 pm, December 23, 2012
Seoul
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Companies and Streets in Apgujeong, Gangnam

one of local travel co. has a brand new Gangnam tour which includes visiting SM town adn Gangnam U-street where you can take pics of famous k pop stars and get some info about them. This tour will run from Jan 6 and will be available every Sunday with Engish speaking guide.

More info you can get by email twoships@wowcoreatour.com or call them 822-739-3337.

Itinerary is made so that you can familiarize with Gangnam style (yes, its about Psy' Gangnam style - affluent Seoul area) and includes visiting Bongeunsa temple, COEX mall or Hyundai Duty free shop, Gangnam U street adn cosmetic clinic town -SM town (K pop entertainment co), etc...I think it would be better that just looking at entertainment companies bldgs.

Have fun in Seoul!

Edited: 11:36 pm, December 23, 2012
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Companies and Streets in Apgujeong, Gangnam

Thank you all for helping. I really appreciate it! :)

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Companies and Streets in Apgujeong, Gangnam

Hello, thank you for the suggestion. I have emailed the address that you've suggested. Would you happen to know how long it'll take for them to reply back? Thank you :)

Malaysia
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Companies and Streets in Apgujeong, Gangnam

hi therr..interested with your info. Do they operating only on sunday?...