We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pre paid Data Plan

Singapore
4 posts
Save Topic
Pre paid Data Plan

Hi is there any local pre paid data plan.. Or other alternative I can get connected to the internet?

Rayleigh, United...
Destination Expert
for Seoul, Rothenburg
Level Contributor
11,715 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pre paid Data Plan

using what device? a phone?

which one?

Singapore
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Pre paid Data Plan

I'm using Iphone

Rayleigh, United...
Destination Expert
for Seoul, Rothenburg
Level Contributor
11,715 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pre paid Data Plan

Sorry can't help.

Many hotels have free web access and there are lots of free wifi points. But don't know if you will even be able to use your iphone, I'm afraid.

Singapore
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Pre paid Data Plan

Hello roxkwon.

not sure if i am too late for replies, but i went there last nov. As long as your mobile carrier enables you for Roaming services and 3G you should be able to make calls and sms. You will not need Data roaming (expensive bills) as there is lots of free wifi hotspot in seoul (surprisingly some outdoors places have strong signal). Unless you need your internet on for 24/7 and everywhere, DO NOT switch on your data roaming services on your iphone.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
282 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pre paid Data Plan

Sorry to ride on this topic.

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S. Will it be compatible for a pre-paid mobile card? I am planning to be in Seoul/S.Korea for at least a week and would like to remain contactable. My roaming plan will be too expensive.

Rayleigh, United...
Destination Expert
for Seoul, Rothenburg
Level Contributor
11,715 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pre paid Data Plan

Do you know where you can get prepaid cards in Korea? I am assuming someone has told you that they exist.

My experience is that you are very unlikely to be able to use your phone in Korea without using roaming, but do please tell me if I am wrong!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
282 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pre paid Data Plan

Well, I have no idea if prepaids exists in Korea or if they do, whether they are compatible with my phone or not... hence why I'm asking. Of course, if they do exist and are compatible, it will be a cheaper option for us travellers who needs to keep in contact but doesnt want to spend a bomb on roaming calls.

Roaming is fine if we are staying for a few days but if it's a week or more, a cheaper option is definitely preferred.......

What options are there for those who dont want to use their roaming plans while in Korea (data or non-data plans)?

1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Pre paid Data Plan

Hi,

How about u just rent a phone. You can try find that at Icheon.

9. Re: Pre paid Data Plan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 pm, October 24, 2012