We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tours from Incheon Airport?

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
25 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Tours from Incheon Airport?

I have two long layovers in Seoul on my trip from the US to Singapore in November, and was hoping to be able to explore a little bit of Seoul rather than sit in the airport.

I'm arriving at 4:30am on Sunday November 22nd and departing for Seoul at 3:00 pm that same day. Are there any tours that leave from the airport that are only a few hours? I'm assuming they don't leave until around 9am, so was planning on staying at the airport hotel for a few hours.

Also, on my return from Singapore, I land at 6:00am on Monday November 30th and depart back to the US at 7:00 pm. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

If no tours leave from the airport, does anyone have any suggestions about what I could see for a few hours? Also, what is the best way to get back and forth to the airport if not on an organized tour?

New York
Level Contributor
1,877 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tours from Incheon Airport?

You can take many of transit tours that leave direct from the Incheon airport.

…visitkorea.or.kr/enu/SI/SI_EN_3_5_1.jsp

Your first schedule is not that ideal for transit tour though. Major tourist attraction are at Seoul, and it takes about 90 min drive from Incheon to down town Seoul, which means you will have to depart Seoul before noon to get back to airport. Why not relax at sauna/spa at Incheon airport?(airport.kr/airport/…)

The second schedule is better for taking transit tours.

Korea
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tours from Incheon Airport?

Please see this web site:www.freedomtour.co.kr

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
25 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tours from Incheon Airport?

Thanks, this is really helpful. If I couldn't take a tour on my first day there because of the short time limit, do you have any ideas about things to see in Seoul in the early morning? Would it be possible to see the Gyeongbokgung or another palace or a couple hours and then return to the airport?

Also, do you recommend taking the train to the Gimpo airport and then switching to the subway or should I just take a "limo" from the airport to the city?

melbourne
Destination Expert
for Seoul
Level Contributor
1,587 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tours from Incheon Airport?

Hi..

Transit tour from Incheon airport to Gyeongbukgung Palace departs daily between 9am and 11am (5 hour tour).

If your flight departing at 3pm, you can ask transit tours main desk whether you can join this tour.

Transit tours main desk located between exit no. 3 and exit no. 4 and fill out the registration form.

http://freedomtour.co.kr/

You can also download $10 off coupon :

freedomtour.co.kr/popup/20090909_coupon.asp

Otherwise you have 2 options to visit Gyeongbukgung Palace from Incheon Airport :

1. Take the limo bus No. 6005 and alight at Gwanghwamun stop. First bus departs at 5am, travel time from Incheon airport to Gwanghwamun approx. 1.5-2hour, fares : 9000won.

www.airportlimousine.co.kr/route/routee11.htm

2. As you mentioned,from Incheon to Gimpo Airport and catch the subway. If you are using Airport Express (A'REX), from Incheon Airport to Gimpo Airport (subway Line 5) alight at Gwanghwamun Station and walk to Gyeongbokgung Palace or you can transfer from Jongno 3(sam)-ga Station to Line 3 and stop at Gyeongbokgung station, exit 5 for Gyeongbokgung Palace.

Airport Express :

www.arex.or.kr

Seoul Metro :

http://www.seoulmetro.co.kr/eng/

Gyeongbokgung Palace :

www.royalpalace.go.kr/html/eng/main/main.jsp

Incheon Airport :

www.airport.co.kr

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
25 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tours from Incheon Airport?

Thank you so much for your helpful information! I really appreciate it!

6. Re: Tours from Incheon Airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, March 31, 2010