We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Noryanjin Market or Garak Market

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
20 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Noryanjin Market or Garak Market

we always make a point to visit a local market whenever we travel abroad.

after searching thru the web, it seems like noryanjin market is a fish market; and garak market is a fish + fruits + other agricultural market.

we are looking for something like the kuromon ichiba market in osaka. preferably a "dry" market with some sea products and local fruits/argricultural produce to look at. :)

comments welcome...

Likely To Sell Out
N Korea DMZ and Joint Security Area...
291 Reviews
from $134.90*
Half-Day Korean DMZ Tour from Seoul
127 Reviews
from $45.50*
Full-Day Essential Seoul Tour
59 Reviews
from $95.00*
Special Offer
Korean Demilitarized Zone (DMZ...
78 Reviews
from $39.60*
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Noryanjin Market or Garak Market

Hi I'm 17 years old girl in Seoul,Korea.

First of all, I'm so happy you are interested in Korea local market! I like to travel a local market in foreign contry~

Noryanjin Market or Garak Market don't have mood about traditional Korea market I think.

If you want to feel real Korea market, I recommend Jeongseon market. I think it can help you to know the real Korea market. but it held every fifth day such as 8/22, 8/27, 9/2, 9/27......

And it isn't held in Seoul, but Korail (the train that is managed by Korea.) has the package. It include train, visiting Jeongseon market and watching Arirang performance. And you have to choose a rail bike or a cave travel. (These two depend money.) A rail bike package is 55,000WON(Korea money)

A cave travel package is 48,000WON.

If you are interested these package, I can tell you about it more.

E-mail green_choi1@hotmail.com

please send e-mail to these two adresses

phone number 010 6311 4287

And if you want, I can be your tour guide for free.

The writting in below is I wrote in this homepage.

I want to be your tour guide to introduce many things about Korea. I don't have any commercial purpose. I just want to introduce about Korea and be friend. Im' not very good at English but I can converstation with you.

Let me tell you about my plane.

It is not a matter your county, age, gender and the number. I'm high school student so I'm comfortable in a weekend for all day and a weekday after 4 P.m.

And we'll talk with English(Cause I can speak only English in a foreign languages.) But if you want to speak with korean, I will. And If you want to go other place, not seoul, I'll thnik about it after consultation. And I'll guide you for free.

I like traveling and I think real travel is assimilation in the actual place. So I like to guide you to the famous places. Plus what you wants and the local places like a tourist resort (not very famous), restaurants or shoping

And I'll study and tell you about history If you want. If you like korean food I can treatment home made food.

I'll waiting for your contact.

E-mail green_choi1@hotmail.com

please send e-mail to these two adresses

phone number 010 6311 4287

Level Contributor
103 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Noryanjin Market or Garak Market

we visited several markets in Seoul and enjoyed them all but we particularly enjoyed visiting the branch of E-mart in Kaywon (outer Seoul). We were taken there by our Korean hosts as we gathered things for an evening meal. We were suprised to find the supermarket staffed with lots of people in chef regalia preparing samples of food for you to taste. The supermarket was packed full of really interesting fish things live frozen and packed into containers.

We could have spent quite some time there looking at things and tasting bits and pieces.

Perhaps someone else can say whether there is a branch like this nearer to central Seoul

3. Re: Noryanjin Market or Garak Market

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 pm, October 07, 2009