We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Korean Airlines Seat Selection and baggage weight

Level Contributor
20 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Korean Airlines Seat Selection and baggage weight

Hii guys ,

I plan to go to Seoul this year end via Korean airlines .

However they do not let me choose my seats and check in baggage weight BEFORE paying

Anyone knows whether after paying will I get to immediately choose my seat withoit extra payment or how does Korean air procedure goes ?

Thanks ,

NC

Mentioned in this post
Seoul
Seoul
South Korea
6 replies to this topic
singapore
Level Contributor
60 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Korean Airlines Seat Selection and baggage weight

Hi,

We just booked our tickets recently and we are able to book our seat after payment. There is no extra charge.

There is no selection of baggage weight - it is standard.

However, you can choose to purchase more baggage weight after payment.

We also put in our meal request after the payment.

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Korean Airlines Seat Selection and baggage weight

Check the Korean Air website for all. Go "Travelling with US" on the site. Korean Air is not LCC. The restriction is more flexible.

It's free baggage depnding on your flight route and class. For example, 2 baggae within 23kg each is free for econmy between US-Japan, only 1 baggage is free to S.Korea.

For seat, they won't charge like US carriers and/or LCCs. I always phone called to my local Korean Air office (in Tokyo) to confirm my seat reservation after I bought a ticket at a booking site/travel agency. Korean Air website in Japanese tells that they accept the pre-advanced seat reservation before 48 hours of your departure. If you buy a ticket directly from KE website, I think you can easy selct a seat immediately on the site.

https:/…baggage-services.html

https:/…advance-seat-selection

Edited: 5:52 am, June 13, 2018
Mentioned in this post
Tokyo
Tokyo
Tokyo Prefecture, Japan
Level Contributor
20 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Korean Airlines Seat Selection and baggage weight

@ purple hair band

Thanks for the reply .

I would like to ask about the prebook meals . Do I prebook my meal for special need ( vegetarian , gluten free meals ) or book for normal meals

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
6,936 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Korean Airlines Seat Selection and baggage weight

>>Do I prebook my meal for special need ( vegetarian , gluten free meals ) or book for normal meals<<

Why do you need to ask others what you want to eat?

Normal meal is usually rice, noodle or pasta with some meat on the side (chicken, pork or beef) for the main dish.

Special meals can be ordered for health or religious needs, or if you just wish to have some particular kind of food.

Level Contributor
20 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Korean Airlines Seat Selection and baggage weight

Meaning that if i wan normal meal do i need to prebook my meal like airasia or not needed .

I am asking this as due to my experience in China airlines , i prebooked , but turned out that is for special needs and the normal meals are not needed for me to book .

So just asking seeing which policy does Korean Air follows

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
6,936 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Korean Airlines Seat Selection and baggage weight

Korean is not a low cost airline. A normal meal will be served (i.e. no need to prebook) if the flight sector offers a meal.

Reply to: Korean Airlines Seat Selection and baggage weight
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted