We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

KTX reservation required?

Singapore, null...
Level Contributor
654 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
KTX reservation required?

Hi

We are a group of 3 going to korea in 2 weeks. Our flight is scheduled to reach Incheon airport at about 3pm. Is it advisable to purchase the KTX tickets to Busan online before hand to reserve the seats? If the flight is delayed and we missed the train for the reserved seats do we get a refund or change of train?

Thank you in advance!!

Rayleigh, United...
Destination Expert
for Seoul, Rothenburg
Level Contributor
11,814 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: KTX reservation required?

You can reserve, and if you do but miss your train you will get a partial refund.

If you choose not to reserve you should be ok, but you may need to wait for an hour or so at Seoul Station

I was ale to change my train to an earlier one after reserving and without charge. You might therefore reserve for about 7 pm, and if you are earlier- which should happen!- ask a Seoul station for earlier train seats.

Edited: 3:35 am, December 06, 2013
Singapore, null...
Level Contributor
654 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: KTX reservation required?

ok thanks. I checked through the online booking you can book from Incheon airport to Busan with a change at Seoul station so the only thing is whether the flight is delayed when we arrive

3. Re: KTX reservation required?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, December 09, 2014