We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transit from Seoul Gimpo to Seoul Incheon in 2h10: enough?

Ho Chi Minh City...
3 posts
Save Topic
Transit from Seoul Gimpo to Seoul Incheon in 2h10: enough?

Hello,

I will be in Jeju on July 29 morning, and I need to go back to Vietnam on that very day. There is a flight with Korean Air than lands in Seoul Gimpo at 8.05am. I was considering to take it, and then fly again from Seoul Incheon with Vietnam airlines at 10.15am.

Given the 2 airlines companies are different, do you think 2h10 duration between the 2 flights will be enough?? Otherwise, there is another way to do it, but I would arrive much later in vietnam.

Thanks for your feedback!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
454 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Transit from Seoul Gimpo to Seoul Incheon in 2h10: enough?

For an international flight, you have to check in at least 2 hours in advance. At the very least, 1 hour in advance if you have already checked-in online. I think the risk is quite high on your timing. it takes at least 30+mins for the transportation between Gimpo and Incheon, and also to add on the time for the walking required to navigate between the subway and within the airports. Not to mention the time required to clear customs, collect your luggage, waiting time for airport bus/AREX train, clearing customs on Incheon side etc etc. It is best to get on a later flight back to Vietnam.

Ho Chi Minh City...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Transit from Seoul Gimpo to Seoul Incheon in 2h10: enough?

Thanks for your quick reply!

Actually I was thinking about using the buses between Gimpo and incheon, as I read it was door to door so no need to walk and navigate tunnels. However, it is true that I don't know none of the airports (it will be my first time in Korea) and I do not know if Korean flights from Jeju to Gimpo are usually on time or not...

On Korean air website, they say that the minimum time required between domestic flight in gimpo and international flight in incheon is 130min (exactly 2.10hours), which is why I was wondering about doing it.

But I think I will follow your advice, probably it is too risky!

Thanks!

Rayleigh, United...
Destination Expert
for Seoul, Rothenburg
Level Contributor
11,414 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transit from Seoul Gimpo to Seoul Incheon in 2h10: enough?

Sorry to disagree but this is quite possible. There is no customs at either airport for this journey. I would take a taxi from Gimpo to ICN and it would work fine.

However, as you say, better be safe than sorry. So unless you have a flexible onward ticket, do what you say,

Ho Chi Minh City...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Transit from Seoul Gimpo to Seoul Incheon in 2h10: enough?

Thanks to you!

Actually, it is not a flexible ticket, and vietnam airlines seems not to have other flights for that day... (only later flights operated by korean air)...

Are korean air flights from jeju to seoul usually on time...? This is the only thing I am worried about..

Rayleigh, United...
Destination Expert
for Seoul, Rothenburg
Level Contributor
11,414 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transit from Seoul Gimpo to Seoul Incheon in 2h10: enough?

In my experience the internal flights go like clockwork, but it's still a risk.

6. Re: Transit from Seoul Gimpo to Seoul Incheon in 2h10: enough?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, June 25, 2014