We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with planning trip to Seoul Sth Korea.

Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Help with planning trip to Seoul Sth Korea.

Hi I need to ask and get help with the following questions. My wife and I are in our late 50's and will be in Seoul for 3 days after a 35 odd day trip through Europe / Russia, we fly into Incheon Int airport on Monday 17th of June at 16.30 and fly out Wednesday 19th of June at 19.10.

Quest 1. Transport to and from the airport : train or bus or taxi, ease and cost of each ?

2. We wish to go on the American USO DMZ tour and have been told to use Koridoor touring company ?

3. Where would be a good location / hotel to stay in for the 2 nights in relation to getting on and returning from this tour and also seeing the sites of Seoul and also availability of travel between it and the airport.?

4. What other must see sites to visit, weather this time of year suitable clothing , money to use & amount of ?

Any other usefull hints and suggestions would be greatily appreciatted

Regards Robert.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
507 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with planning trip to Seoul Sth Korea.

Quest 1. Transport to and from the airport : train or bus or taxi, ease and cost of each ?

ANS : I always use the Train, easy and cost is not high, takes around 1 hr. to the center.

2. We wish to go on the American USO DMZ tour and have been told to use Koridoor touring company ?

ANS : no idea.

3. Where would be a good location / hotel to stay in for the 2 nights in relation to getting on and returning from this tour and also seeing the sites of Seoul and also availability of travel between it and the airport.?

ANS : Traditional accommodations available in Gyeongbok area. For me i preferred living near Dongdaemun.

4. What other must see sites to visit, weather this time of year suitable clothing , money to use & amount of ?

ANS : The weather in South Korea is good, not so hot at day and cool breeze at night. The must visit place is their Gyeongbok Palace/Changdokgung/Hannok Village/Cheongkaeson Canal/Myeongdong and some other shopping areas.

Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with planning trip to Seoul Sth Korea.

Thank you for your reply.

Rayleigh, United...
Destination Expert
for Seoul, Rothenburg
Level Contributor
11,041 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with planning trip to Seoul Sth Korea.

Getting into town- depends where you stay. Train is good if you stay by station. Awful if you dont.

Limo bus is cheap fast and hassle free if you stay on one of the routes, far better than trainor taxi.

Please suggest a budget, although I would suggest as an all rounder to stay in Ibis or Metro Myeongdong. Both good and on limo route, well located for sights.

Rayleigh, United...
Destination Expert
for Seoul, Rothenburg
Level Contributor
11,041 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with planning trip to Seoul Sth Korea.

Sorry re Koridoor. You need to book 3 days in advance for tours to JSA. If you see any tours not needing advance booking check where they go. If they say DMZ but don't say JSA or Panmunjeom, you DON'T go into JSA.

Koridoor are good- for some others, do check. You may spend 1 hour on a tour and 2 in a ginseng or jade fzctory. Mostly they don't go into JSA.

New York
Level Contributor
1,877 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with planning trip to Seoul Sth Korea.

Regarding the weather question. It's the beginning of summer in June, so temperature can be quite warm, with range of 20s, and also can be quite humid since the monsoon rain usually starts around late June.

As per hotel question, pick ones are at Han river, "Gangbuk" in Korean, because many of tourist attractions including royal palaces are there (btw, the south side is called "Gangnam", which you may heard about it already).

Check out "Top questions about Seoul" section at Seoul Forum of the current site, you will find many articles there answering many of your questions.

Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help with planning trip to Seoul Sth Korea.

Thanks for your reply, the problem I have found with trying to go with Corridor to the JSA DMZ & Panmunjeon tour is that they don't do this tour on a Tuesday and the Wednesday tour gets back to late for use to catch our flight back to Australia, I need someone who does this tour on a Tuesday as we fly in Monday and out Wednesday at 17.00. I realize there are several other company's but have read some poor comments about them can you recommend any company's who do this tour on a Tuesday. Thanks for your help, Rob.

7. Re: Help with planning trip to Seoul Sth Korea.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 03, 2014