We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

South Korea itinerary

Birmingham
Level Contributor
189 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
South Korea itinerary

Hi!

I am looking for your thoughts on a travel itinerary I have put together for a trip to South Korea me and my BF are taking at the end of February/beginning of March. Our interests are history, culture, food and architecture/urban design. At the moment I haven't looked at restaurants so any suggestions are welcomed.

I arrive a few days before my BF and will travel to a couple of destinations outside Seoul before heading back to the capital to meet him.

Day 1: Arrive at Incheon at 0640. Head into Seoul by train then on to Gyongju by KTX (hopefully making the 1030 train arriving at 1239). Check bags into hotel before exploring central Gyongju including Tumuli Park and the observatory. I have been recommended Yosukgung restaurants.

Day 2: Trip out to Bulguk-sa and Seokguram Grotto.

Day 3: AM - Gyeongju National Museum. Then check out and get train to Busan. In the afternoon head up Busan Tower for a view of the city.

Day 4: Up early to see the sunrise at Haedong Yonggun Temple (taxi from hotel). Return to Busan to visit Beomeosa Temple before lunch and then Jagalchi Fish Market (is this worth a visit in the afternoon?). Get a late afternoon train to Seoul.

Day 5: BF arrives at Incheon Airport at 0640. Head to hotel in Myeong-dong and drop off bags. Spend the morning at Gyeongbokgung before an afternoon guided tour of Changdeokgung. Spend the evening exploring Myeong-dong and seeing the light shows at Cheong-Gye-Cheon.

Day 6: USO DMZ tour from 0730 to 1530. In the evening go to Namdaemun Market then N Seoul Tower.

Day 7: In the morning go to National Museum of Korea then on to Leeum Samsung Museum of Art. In the evening go the NANTRA performance in Myeong-dong.

Day 8: Morning visit to Suwon to see the Fortress Wall. Return to Seoul after lunch and go to Bukchon Hanok Village. After this transfer hotels from Myeong-dong to Park Hyatt Gangnam and explore Gangnam.

Day 9: In the morning visit Noryangin Fish Market, then on to War Memorial Museum. Next up is Dongdaemun & Dongdaemun Design Plaza & Park. The rest of the day is free for shopping etc.

Day 10: Flight at 1500.

I also hope to squeeze in a trip Insadong at some point.

Does this look too much to do? Have I missed anything or included something that isn't worthwhile?

Your thoughts and suggestions are most welcome!

1. Re: South Korea itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, January 22, 2014