We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wifi help

Singapore, Singapore
5 posts
Save Topic
Wifi help

Hi there, may I know whether the wifi at South Korea is free? Especially at its hotels. I'll be travelling around the country so I would like to know where there is free wifi. Thanks!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
312 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Wifi help

i personally don't find less than $8 per day cheap... cos 5 days means $40... you really think it is cheap?

Vancouver, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Wifi help

depends how you look at it..

my monthly plan is about $40 w/unlimited data.. but, i rather pay $40 for the 5 days instead of no data at all..

unless.. you know of another rental place? please share!

Edited: 11:11 pm, December 06, 2012
Daejeon, South Korea
Level Contributor
2,817 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Wifi help

How about Olleh Wifi Zone? 3,300won a day.

14. Re: Wifi help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:06 am, March 12, 2014
Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Wifi help

if you are willing to pay about $1/hour or $3/day you can use olleh wifi everywhere.

simply go to nearby convenience store and ask for OLLEH WIFI and they will give you a receipt that has a wifi PIN number on it. i think its one of the best ways to get connected in korea. olleh wifi is everywhere in seoul (in tourist sites, subway and everywhere)

Western Australia
Level Contributor
201 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Wifi help

Do you know if Olleh Wifi outside of Seoul is okay using passwork from these convenience stores. I am staying about 3 kms outside Yeoju on the way to Icheon and am trying to decide if I will have to rent an egg to get wifi in that area.

I believe the egg works but just don't know if there will be nearby transmitters without an egg.

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Wifi help

I'm not so sure about the exact coverage, but im sure you can still find olleh wifi in many places even outside of seoul. egg may not work at some rural places outside of seoul.

check http://zone.wifi.olleh.com/ - here you can see all olleh wifi hotspots.

you are supposed to be able to buy olleh wifi PIN number at almost every convenience store, but store owner may not be aware of the product so you might have to really ask for it.

Western Australia
Level Contributor
201 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Wifi help

Thanks for that map - I hadn't found it before. Looks like it is around 1 or more Kms to the nearest hotspot from where I will be.

I will try and check out if the "egg" will work this far out.

19. Re: Wifi help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:06 am, March 12, 2014
Chicago, Illinois
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
20. Re: Wifi help

Does it work in Gyeongju? or near Golgulsa?