We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

KAL carry on baggage restrictions

socal
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
KAL carry on baggage restrictions

Korean Air Lines carry on baggage rules indicate that the weight limit of the two pieces a passenger is allowed to carry on the plane is 25 lbs. How strictly is this enforced? Are both bags weighed at check in or prior to boarding? When we flew Alitalia Airlines recently we strictly adhered to their carry on rules only to see that no other passengers on our flight did and Alitalia officials did not seem to care either. Just wondering if we should plan to check our larger bag (a 22" Hovercraft) and carry on only the smaller more typical carry on bag? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

New York
Level Contributor
1,877 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: KAL carry on baggage restrictions

I flew both airlines, and I think Korean Airline is stricter when it comes to luggage and security restriction. My carry-on luggage was OK to go through, but before I board the plane, airline people searched through my bag, and made me throw away the water bottle which I bought after I cleared the security.

2. Re: KAL carry on baggage restrictions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:45 am, March 20, 2011