We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jeju, late March or early April?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
108 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Jeju, late March or early April?

Hello People,

I'm going to Korea later this month and thinking about adding roughly a week for a Jeju stay before or after my appointment. Given the choice of the week of March 24th and April 7th, when would be a better time to visit? I hear the spring flowers are supposed to be in full bloom at the end of March which I'm interested in. But I'm wondering if the weather would be much nicer later in April. I would most likely be spending much of my time outdoors hiking and cycling. Also, I don't know yet what kind of snorkeling possibilities are in Jeju but would like to try if the water is warm enough. With this in mind, will there be much difference in terms of weather and water temperature between the two weeks I am considering?

Thanks for any input.

By the way, I'll be in Jeju on my own. Would staying at a Minbak/guest house increase my chances of meeting other solo travelers? Or are there some hotels that are less family/couple-oriented than others?

Thanks again.

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
287 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Jeju, late March or early April?

Hi:

It's still going to be pretty chilly, even in Jeju during those time periods. You might catch a couple warmer days though. I live in Seoul and it was in the high 40s in the afternoon over the weekend. Still, that water will definitely be quite cold for swimming endeavors. The earliest I've ever been swimming here was the second week of April. Air temp was perfect, but the water was painful. That said, I think you're hitting a peak time for trekking and biking. Also, it looks like the cherry blossoms and other flowers will be in full bloom at the end of March. I would check out this web site. It has a lot of good info on Jeju.:

http://english.tour2jeju.net/main/

Personally, I prefer minbak, especially on Jeju. Pensions might be another way to go if you want to stay away from the large tourist resorts. However, I'm not sure that you'll find that many other solo travelers or not. Maybe a few, but not many.

I hope this helps and enjoy...

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
108 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jeju, late March or early April?

Thanks, seasmoke.

I decided to go during the week of March 24th for the spring flowers. I think I'll rent a car and drive around until I see a nice place to see.

3. Re: Jeju, late March or early April?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 am, September 22, 2009