We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Problem with www.railway.ge

Paris, France
Level Contributor
7 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Problem with www.railway.ge

I tried the railway.ge website to buy tickets from Tbilisi to Makhindjauri (Batumi), chose the train and entered the passengers information, but as I tried to choose the payment method, the page got stuck and stopped responding. I tried from different computers with different operating systems and different browsers but still no clue! Wondering what may cause the problem, I contacted the website but the mails I sent were rejected. Does anybody know how I can proceed with the payment? Thanks in advance.

Tbilisi, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,024 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Problem with www.railway.ge

Hello, It's been quite a while, since that page has been down. Not sure when they are going to fix it. Called them up several days ago. I've been told ,that it is impossible to buy it online...

Paris, France
Level Contributor
7 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Problem with www.railway.ge

Thanks for your response. Any suggestions? How about a taxi ride from Tbilisi to Batumi and vice versa? How much does that cost?

Tbilisi, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,024 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Problem with www.railway.ge

It is possible to get tickets upon arrival to Tbilisi. If you are staying here for couple of days, it is quite possible there will be still tickets for sale for a needed date.

Taxi would cost around 220-250 Gel one way and 350 For a whole day . They will take you to Batumi and back ( if you are interested in one day trip )

The other thing - you can go to Batumi by minibus.They leaving from Tbilisi bus station every hour.

Regards,Irene

Paris, France
Level Contributor
7 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Problem with www.railway.ge

I appreciate your response. Thinking about taking a taxi to Batumi and back. Is there any taxi station for that matter ?

Batumi, Georgia
Level Contributor
965 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Problem with www.railway.ge

I did some research as to why people are having so much trouble bookong online with Geo Railway, as I have never had a problem. To date I have always used my Bank of Georgia card, but realising most people on this forum do not live in Georgia, I tried my UK Barclaycard and was unable to purchase a ticket. That seems to be the problem and Geo Railway need to fix it.

C_B in Batumi

Tbilisi, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,024 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Problem with www.railway.ge

hello, about taxi. You should book it in advance. As taxi at the airport will charge you much more. Maybe i could help you with arrengint a pick up service at the airport and the safe drive to Batumi. Let me know, if you need some help

Regards,Irene

7. Re: Problem with www.railway.ge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, June 26, 2015