We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Georgia for 7 days, help me plan!

Which Tbilisi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dundee, United...
6 posts
Save Topic
Georgia for 7 days, help me plan!

Hey guys..

I'm planning on visiting Georgia for 7 days on the last week of February.. Will be landing in Tbilisi...

I'm looking for things to do and places to visit.. Travelling with my partner, we don't drink nor do we club..

We would love to see the nature, culture, tradion.. Everything that's a must see and must do would be great..

We r young so walking and exploring is definitely in the plan!

We haven't booked any hotels yet as we don't know If we should book in other areas outside tibilisi

What would you recommend and what means on transport can be used?..

7 days and open to all sort of ideas!!..

Would be great if you guys can help with itinerary and tour plans..

Tbilisi, Georgia
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Georgia for 7 days, help me plan!

Hello . for 7 days trip i just offer to take a look on this web site info-tbilisi.com/travel/cultural/7days/ , here is ready made tour for 7 days , and you can choose if it is acceptable for you or not .

Bratislava, Slovakia
Level Contributor
128 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Georgia for 7 days, help me plan!

Seriously, ppl, what point is in travelling like this - being too busy/lazy to study something about the country and then asking others to prepare yours travel plans? Preparing the trip is part of the fun!

Anyways, for a week - Tbilisi, Mccheta, Kazbegi and Gori should be more than enough

Tbilisi, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Georgia for 7 days, help me plan!

I am disagree with Jozef :) Sorry. from 7 days spent in Georgia and visiting only Tbilisi, Mtskheta, Kazgebi and Gori it's a 3 day routine :) If you are in Georgia and don't visit wine region ( not necessary drinking wine ;) ) , Don't visit Vardzia caves of wonderful Martvili canyons near the Kutaisi, you don't see anything bout Georgia.

Lubna, if you want to explore nature of our country you should head to Svaneti region and do there trekking and horse riding. 4 days is enough. Rest 3 days you may spend in Tbilisi , with two 1 day tours - Tbilisi-Mtskheta and Kakheti ( David Garedja and Signagi )

Regards,Irene

Bratislava, Slovakia
Level Contributor
128 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Georgia for 7 days, help me plan!

Well, it depends on the style of travelling - last time we spent 4 days just in Kazbegi and it was not enough. But travelling to Svaneti as a part of week-long trip at the end of February seems like a too much of a hassle for me, too much time spent in a car (even though night trains might be an option).

Anyway, its really hard to advise some itineraries if they dont post how much money are they ready to spend - if they are willing to pay for a tour or not. If they are on their own, even itinerary such as (Kazbegi - 3 days, Tbilisi, Mscheta, Gori+Uplistsikhe, maybe David Gareji) would be enough for them.

Dundee, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Georgia for 7 days, help me plan!

Hey jozef

With all do respect, iv searched for things and ideas, but it's always better and easier if someone from that city or who has been there to help advise on what to do.. One of my other question I asked above was do I book in the city or out?!

Since I don't know what's easier, if these places are locally near or out of town..

Dundee, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Georgia for 7 days, help me plan!

Hey Irene

Thanks, I've noted down ur ideas..

Now I just need to search for hotels in that area, do we go by car or train?

Just need to know what's the easiest way to commute around

Dundee, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Georgia for 7 days, help me plan!

Our budget we wer thinking of maybe 4000usd.. That's excluding flights..

Is that enough or not? We are willin to add extra but that depends, we want that to also cover our accommodation..

How much would you recommend to take?

How much did u use roughly when u wer there?

Tbilisi, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Georgia for 7 days, help me plan!

Good morning!

In any city you can find a good guest house for 60 GEL pp including 2 meals.

About transportation. Unfortunately some of the places must be done by a taxi or privat driver. As privat drivers are a bit expensive, you can use marshrutkas or trains to get at some points and than take a taxi. For e.g. you can go by train or marshrutka to Borjomi and from there hire a taxi to Vardzia caves and back. You can go by marshrutka to kakheti region in any city, would it be Signagi or Telavi.If you choose Svaneti region you can fly there. Flights are twice a week and cost is 50 GEL ( 30-35 USD ) one way. This is a very nice experience :)I've tried myself and I loved it :) So, if you just tell which places you decided to visit, I will tell you how much money you will need :)

Regards,Irene

Dundee, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Georgia for 7 days, help me plan!

Hey Irene

Okay so I have a few list of places and things, and I'm hoping you can maybe help me with organising it in order to what's convenient..

I arrive tbilisi on 23rd February at 6am and depart on 1st march at 6:50am..

So we only have 6 days to spend altogether..

We will begin with Tbilisi, then

1) kutaisi, batumi and adjara (that's near the Black Sea coast? Also I read there is also a Muslim community there)?

2) meskheti, samtskhe, javakheti? Bakurian, vardzia and borjomi, can this be a full day trip for these areas? U said something about taking a plane from borjomi to vardzia! Il be seeing caves, It also said online about volcanic canyon??

3) kakheti, sighnaghi is the vineyard region yeah? So things in that area I found was televi, davit garedja

4) svaneti, it says minimum 3 days.. How to get there and will there be snow peaks at the mountains around February time?

5) where do I include gori, mount kezbegi, mtskeheta, jvari??

6) also I'm curious about this sulphur bath (abanotubani) what is it and where is it?

7) other additional extras that I'm unsure about - sukhumi, gudauri, sakartvelo and uplistsikhe... What are in those areas ??

Do I have a lot of things and just a few days, or am I okai for the days??

I can cancel Mtskeheta from the plan for more days to include other stuff..

I'm also hoping the places I got down together are near each other

If not, please help me put them in good order..

Quite excited and also we r wanting to do this without a tour, try and rent a car is our plan.. Are the places easy to get to? Are the roads clear to understand?

We r coming from UAE, so driving is on the same side so it's even better..

Hope to hear back and hope I'm not takin up so much of your time

Regards

Lubna

Tbilisi, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Georgia for 7 days, help me plan!

Hello, In this case, you will need a professional driver ( I can provide my personal driver's info for you, as I am traveling around the Georgia all the time )

23-d of February, early arrival. If that's OK with you. you can go straight to Kakheti region ( David -Gareja, Bodbe,Signagi,Gremi,Nekresi,Telavi and will be back to Tbilisi by late evening.

24th of February:

Tbilisi-Mtshkheta-Ananuri-Gudauri-Kazbegi and overnight ether in Gudauri, or in Mtskheta.

25th of February

Paravani lake - Vardzia caves - New Rabath castle - Borjomi - Kutaisi ( overnight in Kutaisi )

26th of February:

Cathedral of Bagrati - Prometheus caves - Svaneti region, city Mestia ( Snowpics with fabulous views are always there! ) Overnight in Svaneti

27th of February - Svaneti, Shkhara glazier and wonderful lake Koruldi ( overnight in Svaneti )

28 th of February - Transfer to Batumi. On the way visiting Petra fortress , Botanical garden ( overnight in Batumi )

29th whole day discovering Adjara ( there is a place in higher Adjara where the muslims are .It's an amazing place! )

30 th of February coming back to Tbilisi/ free evening before departure to the airport :)

Wheew :))) I think it's done :)

Regards,Irene