We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tiflis British Cemetery

Which Tbilisi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
7 posts
13 reviews
Tiflis British Cemetery

Hi all,

I am pondering a trip to Tbilisi to find the British War Cemetery. I understand that there is a cemetery in Batumi but I am specifically looking for the one in Tbilisi.

Does anybody know about this cemetery and if so, how simple is it to find?

thanks!

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,061 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Tiflis British Cemetery

It sounds difficult to find. I think there is mention of it near the end of this 5 year old BBC story: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7697248.stm

If you don't get a response maybe you could try to email the British Council in Tbilisi:

office@ge.britishcouncil.org

Tbilisi, Georgia
Level Contributor
985 posts
8 reviews
2. Re: Tiflis British Cemetery

www.google.ge/url…

This is the " Messendger online " you can write there title: British war dead remembered. I think you just should walk around 2 or 3 mainc cemeteries in Tbilisi and ask a person who takes care of the graves there for years... Hope i could help you in any way :(

Best regards, Irene

Wakefield, United...
2 posts
3. Re: Tiflis British Cemetery

The Military Attache at the British Embassy told me that the site of the cemetery is now in a private residence- 7 Aspindza Street 1 (there are two). I am not sure whether it`s an official war grave but the Embassy staff lay wreaths there on Remembrance Day. I can send you a street map if you wish.

North Shields...
1 post
4. Re: Tiflis British Cemetery

Can you send me the map? john@fwa.uk.com

Wakefield, United...
2 posts
5. Re: Tiflis British Cemetery

The Military Attache at the British Embassy told me that the site of the cemetery is now in a private residence- 7 Aspindza Street 1 (there are two). I am not sure whether it`s an official war grave but the Embassy staff lay wreaths there on Remembrance Day. I can send you a street map if you wish.

whmanwaring@yahoo.co.uk

6. Re: Tiflis British Cemetery

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, November 12, 2014