We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Georgia after election

Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Georgia after election

We are booked to travel Georgia by the end of October and I am a bit worried with the situation about rallies due to the recent elections. Is it still safe to travel in Tbilisi or should we cancel the tour? the reason why i am asking is because I have booked our flight and the packaged tour has been paid in 30% but if it isnt the best time to enjoy the place i may have the need to book ourselves somewhere else.. Kindly please advise! Thank you so much!

Levan Tours
Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings
Private Daily Tours in Georgia
Private Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings , Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Real Georgia Tours
City Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings , Day Trips
Colour Tour Georgia
Multi-day Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings , Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Batumi, Georgia
Level Contributor
965 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Georgia after election

By the end of October any protests etc will be history. I have lived in Tbilisi for many years (although work in Abu Dhabi) and have seen many protests and have never felt threatened. I can see no reason to cancel your trip as it starts getting a bit chilly at the end of October you may wish to take some warm clothes with you.

Have a pleasant stay in Tbilisi

C_B in Abu Dhabi

Svoge, Bulgaria
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Georgia after election

Tbilisi is safe any time. Protesters don't even stop the street traffic, they gather in places where they don't disturb the normal life of the city much.

3. Re: Georgia after election

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, December 15, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Tbilisi
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travelers like you.
Join TripAdvisor