We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling to Tbilisi airport

London
1 post
Save Topic
Travelling to Tbilisi airport

Hi,

I am planning on visting Tbilisi this summer with friends. However I will be flying home before them and the best flight leaves at 4am. Is it easy and safe for a single woman to get to the airport at this time in the morning? Does anyone know a good (and affordable) place to stay nearby?

Thank you

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
382 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling to Tbilisi airport

The airport's not all that far from the city centre. So, why not get a taxi and enjoy the rollercoaster ride to the airport.

It'll certainly beat any turbulance you encounter mid-flight. ;-)

Batumi, Georgia
Level Contributor
965 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling to Tbilisi airport

Mr Sporran is quite correct. The airport in Tbilisi is abot 25 minutes from the centre. The airport is very modern and will only take about 20 minutes or from getting off the plane to walking outside. The airport taxis have a fixed rate of 25 Lari (about 8 quid) to the centre of Tbilisi. If you are arriving in the summer it will be daylight when you get here. The airport taxi drivers know most of the hotels in Tbilisi, but not all. If you e-mail me on dudingeo@hotmail.com and let me know which hotel you intend to stay at I will let you know if the taxi driver is likely to know it or I will send you some directions.

C_B

3. Re: Travelling to Tbilisi airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 am, February 04, 2013
Tbilisi, Georgia
Level Contributor
42 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling to Tbilisi airport

Hi,

I've traveled numerous times to the airport at that time. I have usually taken a cab called by someone at the guesthouse/hostel I was staying at, so I felt some measure of trust (the driver is someone she knows). So that may be one way you feel safer.

Alternatively, there are taxi services with phone numbers you can call and arrange in advance. Usually these cabs cost more. It depends on your choice how you want to do it. Either of these options should work, and I have always felt safe this way.

Don't bother staying near the airport though. Rather be close to the center of Tbilisi :) Other transport to the hotel will cost you an arm and a leg during your trip.

Good luck and have fun!!

~ R

Tbilisi, Georgia
Level Contributor
42 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelling to Tbilisi airport

sorry, I meant "otherWISE transport to and from your hotel will cost an arm and a leg"

Have fun :)

~ R

TBILISI
Level Contributor
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Travelling to Tbilisi airport

New Subway Station in the Airport, next to Parking area takes you in 25 minutes to Tbilisi Central Railway Station. Departure shedule is every day at the time:

01:45; 5:45; 9:00; 11:45; 13:10; 18:15; 21:15

Tbilisi, Georgia
Level Contributor
42 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travelling to Tbilisi airport

Kulula,

Are you saying there is a metro stop at the airport, and that it goes to Vogzlis Moedani? What is the name of the stop? Where does it leave from, because I haven't seen a metro stop or signs for it near the airport. The only public transportation I knew about was a bus... I forget the number...

Thanks --

R

8. Re: Travelling to Tbilisi airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 pm, October 04, 2009