We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tbilisi Nightlife

Scotland
Level Contributor
48 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Tbilisi Nightlife

Afternoon

Like Mr Sporran I will be travelling to Tbilisi in October for the Georgia v Scotland football match.

We arrive on Saturday the 13th of October; we are staying in the old town of Tbilisi on Bethlehem Street

I have found some information about clubs and pubs but not much, correct me if I’m wrong, the main areas seem to be Shardeni Street, Shatveli Street and Rustavelli Avenue??

Could anybody recommend any good pubs/night clubs?

Any information would be appreciated

p.s.

The day we arrive in Tbilisi Scotland play the Ukraine in Scotland

Could anybody recommend somewhere in Tbilisi that might show the football match live on tv?

Thanks

Tbilisi, Georgia
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tbilisi Nightlife

Hey Lucas69,

Sharden and Erekle streets in the old town are probably two most crowded places to go out, but there are more cafe/restaurant/terrace hang-outs rather than pubs. These streets are also very close to where you'll be staying. I doubt you'll have a chance to watch a football match there thou.

You can try former Perkovskaya/Akhvlediani street (downtown Tbilisi, close to Republic Sq, McDonalds on Rustaveli Av) for bars and pubs.

THe best place to watch the football is probably SportCafe next to the Stadium on Marjanishvili Av.

For night clubs try either Switch (close to republic sq), NightClub in old Tbilisi by Baratashvili Bridge, or Kalakuri - across the parking lot from NightClub.

And don't miss Georgian food! the best khinkali is at rest Tsiskvili's Ludis Moedani (Beer Sq)!

Good luck with traveling to Georgia (not the match :) I'm on the other side:)

Best, Keti

Scotland
Level Contributor
48 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tbilisi Nightlife

Gamarjoba Keti!

Rogor khar?

Thanks for replying with the information about the clubs and pubs, I actually read about the sports bar beside the stadium the other day, and also an Irish Bar in the old town called the Hangar?

We will try the Hangar first to see if they are showing the game as it is so close to our hotel, if they aren’t showing it then we will head to the sports bar

Thanks for telling me about the food as well, I am really looking forward to trying Georgian cuisine and of course the wine also!!!!!

As for the match between Georgia and Scotland all I can say is may the best team win!!!

Gmadlobt!

p.s.

How will the locals react to 2 Scotsmen cheering on their team against the Ukraine?

Many thanks

Batumi, Georgia
Level Contributor
965 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tbilisi Nightlife

The Hangar Bar in Shavteli Street will definitely be showing these matches.

Later on today when I have finished work I will be in the Hangar and will see if I can get their itinery for the matches. What info i get I will post here ASAP.

C_B

Scotland
Level Contributor
48 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tbilisi Nightlife

Excellent!

thanks for the information

roll on Tbilisi!!!!

Tbilisi, Georgia
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Tbilisi Nightlife

I'm sure you will be fine. Georgians will entertained to see Scotsmen cheering up for their team :) don't be surprised if they support Scots rather than their own team :D

Amsterdam
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Tbilisi Nightlife

Lucas69

See for more information:

http://www.info-tbilisi.com

7. Re: Tbilisi Nightlife

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 pm, September 14, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Tbilisi