We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

any english speaking tour guides to recommend?

Singapore, null...
Level Contributor
51 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
any english speaking tour guides to recommend?

Travelling from Singapore to Yangon in mid April..alone on this trip.

would appreciate a tour guide that can organise half day or full day tour(im ok with joining as a tour group), Do let me know the charges as well

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
17,527 posts
404 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: any english speaking tour guides to recommend?

Can I suggest you try one of the local Agents,many are mentioned in the forums with recommendations from genuine travellers.

SS

2. Re: any english speaking tour guides to recommend?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:05 am, March 03, 2015
3. Re: any english speaking tour guides to recommend?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:05 am, March 03, 2015
Singapore, null...
Level Contributor
51 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: any english speaking tour guides to recommend?

seems like the tour guide all charges at least 50USD..just needed someone to bring me across to different places of interest..

Pantin, France
Destination Expert
for Myanmar
Level Contributor
851 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: any english speaking tour guides to recommend?

The tour guide fee is about $40/day. PM me , I will provide you some contact of the tour guides that I traveled with for the times I was in Yangon.

Cheers,

MG

Edited: 11:35 am, March 05, 2015
Hong Kong, China
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: any english speaking tour guides to recommend?

Hallo

I can honestly recommend my frined and guide in Yangon.I met him first in 1998 ! Have used his help, service and information since than many times.I am a tour operator myself for small groups ( gernany based)

So whenever I come to Myanmar he is the one that organizes many things for me all the tiime.(Hotel,Transport,Flights etc.)

I could give you his e mail if you still need some help.

Thomas/Germany

Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: any english speaking tour guides to recommend?

You can contact Mr Zaw Hein at +95-95039504 or email zhein.365@gmail.com. He replies within a day. I just finished a one-day tour of Yangon with Zaw for USD70 (2 persons). This is inclusive of transport (he drives a very clean AC mid-sized Nissan Station Wagon which seats comfortably 3 passengers with ample space for luggages) and personal tour guide services. Pick-up and return to Hotel from 9am to 6pm. He will suggest places to visit eg local market, local coffee shop, etc but always willing to accommodate your must-go places. For us, we wanted to go St Mary's Cathedral and less temples. A cheerful guy who obviously takes immense pride in his job and wants to share more about his Country. I got his contact from other forum travellers who used his services and absolutely agrees with their positive comments about him.

Saundersfoot...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: any english speaking tour guides to recommend?

I would recommend Zaw Hein - email address zhein.365@gmail.com

We spent one full day and two half days with him in February. He was pleasant, very good English and as well as having a very good itinerary, was also happy to amend to suit our requirements.

Monywa, Myanmar
Level Contributor
283 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: any english speaking tour guides to recommend?

By the secure rule of TA, you can ask to get a guide to agent, but the nost importance things is here we have two different of guides, one do as a guide and explain this is formal,every where else, but secone very to get rare, a guide should try to know the taste of clients and make soft lighter arrange and make the client to get memory of trip with amusing. so here I suggest you to across the yangon river by ferry boat and take the rick shaw to visit other side of Yangan to see local living ways and life.there you can see ficher man houses and people carring the water with yello plastic basket and there I can say you will be enjoy there the place is awesome,so happy and get experience at Dala.

coolangatta, QLD...
Level Contributor
47 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: any english speaking tour guides to recommend?

We have recently been in Rangoon. We had 3 days there off a cruise ship.We hired Zaw Hein, a local driver and guide for the 3 days. 2 half days and one full day.We were very pleased. He collected us on time everyday from the ship. He was happy to do as we requested as well as made suggestions.

Agree with the other comments here regarding Zaw.

Email; zhein.365@gmail.com