We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour Guide/Driver Zaw Hein

Volcan, Panama
1 post
Save Topic
Tour Guide/Driver Zaw Hein

My husband and I used Zaw in January for 2 days of sightseeing in Yangon. He was great! He replied to my emails quickly, was on time for our tours, drove carefully, spoke good English and was fun to be with. He took us to local markets and restaurants we never would have found by ourselves. We had dinner with him in Chinatown on 19th Street. It's a pedestrian street full of restaurants serving grilled skewers of meats, fish and vegetables.

If you're looking for a Yangon guide, Zaw's the guy to contact. zhein.365@gmail.com or cell 00959 503 9504.

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
17,524 posts
404 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour Guide/Driver Zaw Hein

To help other travellers perhaps you could also post your hotel reviews

also

I am a keen air traveller-what was your routing to/from Panama to Myanmar?

SS

5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour Guide/Driver Zaw Hein

Thanks for your post.

How did you find this guide? Was it recommendation by friend? Or other means?

3. Re: Tour Guide/Driver Zaw Hein

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:05 am, February 21, 2015
4. Re: Tour Guide/Driver Zaw Hein

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:05 am, February 21, 2015
5. Re: Tour Guide/Driver Zaw Hein

Removed on: 12:36 pm, February 23, 2015
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Tour Guide/Driver Zaw Hein

Drar Sirs.

We arrive Yangoon Wednesday 25, noon, and would need a guder to take us around and in Yangoon.

We stay until 27 mid day.

And suggestions?

Regards

Henrik Wilskow (Norwegian)

henrikw14@gmail.com

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
3 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tour Guide/Driver Zaw Hein

I saw a posting on Trip Advisor recommending Zaw Hein as a Guide and Translator in Yangon! Wow, what a find! I hired him for 4 days in March and had an excellent time touring Yangon as well as the outskirts of the city including a trip to Bago. He was knowledgeable and very friendly. I enjoyed his company as well as his assistance. I would never have seen so much in such short a time with out his help. Tourism is new here so be sure and sit down with Zaw and explain your expectations for the time you will be spending with him. I look forward to using him on future visits to Yangon. His rates are great and you will be safe with him! Contact info is as follows: zhein.365@gmail.com or cell 00959 503 9504.

5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Tour Guide/Driver Zaw Hein

I also booked Mr. Zaw in March. My experience was not so smooth.

I found his early mention of previous clients requesting underage sex with girls, asking for drugs and other dubious topics..all completely unprompted I might add, rather unsettling. Besides this he was knowledgeable but he did contradict his colleague Mr. Diamond on some "facts". Sadly, it all ended very badly when he embarrassed us at the hotel by refusing our non mint condition USD notes. I told him that if accepting notes is such a massive issue for him he should warn people beforehand. To be fair he accepted this was a mistake on his part.

Could I recommend him? Hard to say, to be honest. I was very put off by his clear hinting at dodgy activity. I would add that his colleague Mr. Diamond was excellent (we were with him for a half day upon arrival before meeting Mr. Zaw the next day).

Melbourne, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Tour Guide/Driver Zaw Hein

We have just completed 3 days in Yangon from a cruise ship. The port is a long way from Yangon - at least an hour depending on traffic. We used Zaw Hein and I recommend him. He responded to email and phone during our arrangements by email and proved reliable and a safe driver. The car was clean and in good condition. We had a very full program and saw interesting sites over the 3 days. zhein365 at gmail dot com

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
17,524 posts
404 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tour Guide/Driver Zaw Hein

Crikey-7 years on tripadvisor and your first post, and no reviews.

Tripadvisor have now a full range of badges for their customers (Top Contributor,Explorer,Helpful votes etc etc)

http://www.tripadvisor.com/InfoCenter-a_ctr.Badge+Lander+US

Perhaps they should add "Longest time a lurker" badge

(-:

SS