We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need help with several things

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
need help with several things

Hello. I'm currently in Yangon.

How do I get around the city and to all the point of interest not in walking distance? The only option here seems to be a cab.

Is there any way to book a day trip to some places nearby? Any tours?

And not too many ATMs here, imo. One "money changer" wouldn't take my Dollars...looked "too old". Better chance at banks?

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
15,529 posts
370 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: need help with several things

A cab ride around the main sites in the city is only 2000kyat.

DO NOT use changers in the streets under any circumstances,there are Banks downtown.

Walk into any Travel Agent to arrange day tours,many recommended here or why not ask reception at your hotel?

SS

Kunming, China
Level Contributor
76 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: need help with several things

The best way is a cab. For nearby attraction, you may want to contact your hotel reception to get a guide and a cab at hourly basis. Yeah, it is an issue with some old notes, if a money change doesn't accept assume no one will accept. All money changers and banks have to go through Central Bank, so if refused by one, by all too.

3. Re: need help with several things

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 13, 2015