We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yangon to Bagan flights

East Lansing...
Level Contributor
92 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Yangon to Bagan flights

Hi All,

I am planning a short trip to Myanmar, only three days. My hope is to spend one and night in Yangon, and then one day and night in Bagan before flying out to Bangkok. I have seen several previous posts about getting to Bagan from Yangon, obviously with time being of concern I would choose to fly. I saw that there are early morning flights from Yangon to Bagan (leaving 630 and arriving at 750), so I would plan on leaving one day and then return the next, sometime in the afternoon, before my flight Bangkok. My questions are these:

-How reliable are the flights, since I am on a tight schedule, and it would most likely be summer time and weather would be an issue.

-I saw a few links for Air Mandalay and Air Bagan that would fly into Nyaung, how far is it to Bagan from there.

-How far could I book this in advance, and do they still use paper handwritten tickets, i.e. would it be best to go through a travel agent for this trip?

-And finally, what should I expect price wise for this plane ticket.

Thank you.

Pantin, France
Destination Expert
for Myanmar
Level Contributor
807 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yangon to Bagan flights

Hi Kraig A,

For your questions :

- Flights are often delay for 5 or 10 minutes but in general they are quite reliable. The best is to call the airline to check in the morning or 1 day in advance to reconfirm.

- From Bagan to the airport, it takes from 10 to 20 minutes depending on your hotel location

- You can book 1 month in advance but you can reserve your tickets few months prior to your travel date. At the moment, there is not electronic tickets, it is better to book with a travel agency.

- The price for the flight Yangon - Bagan start from 100usd/ ticket/ 1 way

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
14,419 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yangon to Bagan flights

There is one major risk in your plan.

What if your pm flight back to Yangon is cancelled-you will miss your International connection.

Plan to get an earlier flight that day,your agent will have access to the schedules of all 5 airlines that fly that route and can advise accordingly

SS

East Lansing...
Level Contributor
92 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Yangon to Bagan flights

Okay thank you for your input and advice.

I look forward to traveling to Myanmar.

4. Re: Yangon to Bagan flights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, August 08, 2014