We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Time needed to transfer from domestic to int'l flight

Washington, D.C.
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Time needed to transfer from domestic to int'l flight

I'm planning a flight from Ngapali to Yangon that arrives on Air Bagan at 11:05 am. I'd like to book a flight from Yangon to Bangkok on Air Asia that departs at 12:50 pm. Is that enough time to collect baggage, then check in, go through customs, etc? Do Air Bagan flights tend to arrive on time?

Thank you!

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
14,853 posts
357 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Time needed to transfer from domestic to int'l flight

Personally I would not take the risk,I and most others that post here, stay the last night in Yangon before an International flight. Your Air Bagan could well be on time but if it isn't then you are in trouble.

Washington, D.C.
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Time needed to transfer from domestic to int'l flight

Thank you for the quick response. There is also a flight around 5:00 pm - I just didn't want to sit in the airport for 6 hours, especially with a baby. If it does arrive on time, do you know by any chance if Air Asia would allow me to transfer to the earlier flight?

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
14,853 posts
357 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Time needed to transfer from domestic to int'l flight

Never used them so cannot advise-have a look at their T&C on their website but I suspect it will costs $$'s.

Also if you book the earlier flight and miss it you will have to pay for new tickets on the evening flight-and what if that is full!

Edited: 12:43 pm, November 08, 2012
Eureka, California
Level Contributor
6 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Time needed to transfer from domestic to int'l flight

Also the domestic and international terminals aren't connected and you'll actually need to walk out on the street to get to the international terminal. It's not a long walk. Maybe 10 minutes. I wouldn't risk it. Both flights I took into Yangon last month were a little late in arriving.

5. Re: Time needed to transfer from domestic to int'l flight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, December 02, 2013