We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shooting Star Travel Agency

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
6 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
shooting Star Travel Agency

Hello, I have booked a flight to Myanmar already, and have been dealing my bookings with an agency called Shooting Star. As I have seen many people ask this question,,, I just want to put my mind to rest and ask if anyone has heard of this company.... Cheers.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
6 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: shooting Star Travel Agency

I have just completed a 5 night and 6 day tour in Myanmar. I posted a query regarding Shooting Star travel Agency. No one got back to me.

But now I can I answer the question,,,,,,

It was the start to a very good journey. Their company is new but very trustworthy. I discovered they are a newish company but run by experienced staff who have been in the travel industry for more than ten years. They dealt with my queries immediately and professionally.

I was met at Yangon airport by the local tour guide, and the Tour Operation Manager presented me with a lovely bunch of roses.I made payment only when we got to the hotel. In return they delivered a most pleasant, satisfying and unforgettable holiday.

I’m really glad I employed their services to organize my trip. I visited three destinations; Yangon, Bagan and Mandalay. A 6 day trip is really not enough but they pulled together a compact itinerary that went smoothly. They arranged my domestic flights, hotel and an English-speaking local tour guide. The advantages of which were multitude as they were able to take me comfortably to places in an air conditioned car/van, and translate their local language as well as giving me an on-the-spot history lessons. And at the last minute they were able to book and confirm a Balloon flight which, unfortunately, was cancelled due to the weather.

As a single female traveler I needn't have worried about anything and recommend this company to other fellow travelers.

England
Level Contributor
15 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: shooting Star Travel Agency

Thanks for the info, really useful. Are they a locally run company? Am keen to put back into the local eonomy and so many TAs these days 'mascarade' as being local but in reality are somewhere else in the world!!

Edited: 7:54 am, November 27, 2012
Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
14,731 posts
356 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: shooting Star Travel Agency

Rips2

If you really want to deal with a local independent Agent in Myanmar then input "Agent" in the spyglass search feature above which will link you to 6-8 genuine recommendations of local Agents or you can PM me. Googling Shooting Stars did not inspire me.

SS

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
6 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: shooting Star Travel Agency

Hello, I can only provide you comments regarding my experience. I can not provide you expert comments like Silverswimmer.

I met them face to face in Yangon so they weren't pretending to be local,,,, infact, it's a family run business,,, that's what I was told, and that's all I know. If you want to make more conscientious decisions, then you can take Silverswimmer's suggestions and comments. I found shooting Star very efficient, We chatted over gmail chat, and I was able to make last minute adjustments to my itinerary. You can ask them to arrange the logistics for you; hotel, flights and a driver..... the rest of the touring you can use your own initiative though you might have difficulty with communicating. In Bagan you can easily, just book a nice 3 star hotel, and hire a bike and visit all the Pagodas and stupas if you're feeling energetic. Go with what makes you feel safe but I had a successful holiday. That's all I can say.

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
14,731 posts
356 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: shooting Star Travel Agency

ESumP

Thanks,it is unfortunate that his family company has chosen the same name as a TA based in he US with a very active web site-hence my comment.

Many posters here always recommend using a local agent so as to keep the spend in Myanmar which is very important for their economy.

Looking forward to your hotel reviews

SS

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
6 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: shooting Star Travel Agency

Oh Silverswimmer, thanks for clarifying that. I didn't realize they there was another company using that name. I was a bit perplexed when you posted that comment about not being impressed. I just randomly went into a website and filled in my details and was suddenly bombarded by a dozen or so companies all responding to my requirements. The reason I responded to Shooting Star was because they wrote me to suggest that the time I was in Myanmar was probably not long enough to fit in all the places I wanted to go,,,, so no pretenses there!

If tripadvisor doesn't mind,,, I'm talking about this company

http://exploremyanmartours.com/

Okay, cheers to everyone and I hope everyone has a great time!

England
Level Contributor
15 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: shooting Star Travel Agency

Thanks to you both for your replies. I'll take a good look at them all, particulary Shooting Star as ESumP had such a good experience. I will probably do a bit of 'independent' and use a tour company for other bits. I just love the planning!

Yangon (Rangoon...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: shooting Star Travel Agency

Mingalabar!! Greeting from Shooting Star Travels & Tours Co.,Ltd.

Thanks for your recommendation. We are warmly welcome again to you.

With Best Wishes,

Wah Ghi Wunn

Director of Operation.

9. Re: shooting Star Travel Agency

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, September 21, 2014