We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yangon to Bagan flights

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
130 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Yangon to Bagan flights

I am planning my first trip to Mynamar in early June. Unfortunately this will only be a short 3 full day trip. As such, I plan to cover 1 day in Yangon and 2 days in Bagan (traveling by air to save time). Can anyone advise about the schedule, safety and on-time reliability of the carriers that service the Yangon-Bagan route? As I will be traveling at the start of the travel season so service relability is important to reduce the risk of missing my long-haul flight from Yangon at the end of the trip.

I have looked up Air Bagan website but it loads up very slowly and can't seem to figure out what is the destination city as I can't see Bagan as a destination option.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Yangon to Bagan flights

Any idea of how much (roughly) it should cost for round trip airfare from Yangon to Bagon and back?

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
14,432 posts
350 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Yangon to Bagan flights

Some indication here

myanmarforumonline.com/wp-content/uploads/20…

Hanoi
Level Contributor
2 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Yangon to Bagan flights

from my friend i heard that this air line is flying i a circle over , stopping in Mandalay and 1 more town before fly to Bagan hence the 3 hrs

colombo
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
24. Re: Yangon to Bagan flights

If any one could advice me the best possible transportation to Bagan from Yangon. I am asking this since my arrival time in Yangon is 9.00 am and it is seem to me like I have to wait 5/6 hrs to afternoon flight if I need to fly on same day . Can I get taxi or AC van ( we have four people ) to start straight away from airport. And please advice how long it will take to reach Bagan an d approximate cost.

Asia
Level Contributor
866 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Yangon to Bagan flights

Kumudu M, you should fly. Not sure how long the road trip will take but train trip took me about 18 hours.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
37 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Yangon to Bagan flights

All good posts here. I would add that you need to be flexible. Our three internal flights (KZB, AirBagan) were all rescheduled, and one cancelled. Our travel agent, Ma Hliang with Go Go Star, was on top of it and made sure we were aware of the changes and got us on another flight when ours was cancelled. Most of the changes were only an hour or so earlier or later so not too much different.

On another note - the A/C on these flights is not good. On one flight we had to sit on the tarmac for about an hour while we refueled. They told us that for safety reasons, they had to turn off the engines. We were not allowed to get off the plane, so we sat there sweating until they could start up the engines again. Then the A/C is not that cold, frosty air we are used to in the West.

But --- remember that hot, sweaty plane is taking you to an amazing place on the planet. So go with the flow and enjoy yourself. Even if you are a little sweaty.

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,057 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Yangon to Bagan flights

Yep, that's travel in developing countries and is also why we recommend taking your time when traveling in Myanmar, as flight cancellations occur quite regulalry.

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,057 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Yangon to Bagan flights

You silly fool, go away.

Boston...
1 post
Save Reply
29. Re: Yangon to Bagan flights

Did you ever figure this out? I have the same exact question.

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
14,432 posts
350 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Yangon to Bagan flights

To whom are you asking the question and what is the question? There are 30 posts on this thread since 2012.

SS