We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ngapali bayview resort

saskatoon
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
ngapali bayview resort

anybody stayed at bayvew resort? how is compared to other resorts sandoway/aureum? they told us they accept credit cards. That is rare for Myanmar?

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
4 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: ngapali bayview resort

I am planning to visit the Ngapali Beach area in January and I have four questions:

1. Is there reasonably priced internet access in the Ngapali area? (I don't have a laptop.)

2. Is it possible to rent a motorbike?

3. Are there jellyfish in the sea near the resorts?

4. Is fresh pineapple available in the Ngapali area?

Mentioned in this post
Ngapali
Ngapali
Rakhine State, Myanmar
yangon
Level Contributor
1,281 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: ngapali bayview resort

I am planning to visit the Ngapali Beach area in January and I have four questions:

1. Is there reasonably priced internet access in the Ngapali area? (I don't have a laptop.)

Yes for internet access in Ngapaliin most of the hotel but expensive. I don't know how much they charge now but last time they charge USD 6 per hour. It may be less now.

2. Is it possible to rent a motorbike?

Yes.

3. Are there jellyfish in the sea near the resorts?

No,

4. Is fresh pineapple available in the Ngapali area?

Pineapple available depend on the season. Not year round.

Mentioned in this post
Ngapali
Ngapali
Rakhine State, Myanmar
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
4 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: ngapali bayview resort

Thank you.

uk
2 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: ngapali bayview resort

Hi, I'm flying into to Yangon on the 28/12 but as yet have no internal flights booked nor any accomodation. Is that wise? I only decided to go 2 days ago so if I could I would have planned better. I'm looking to spend $30 a night tops and don't mind a wooden hut as long as it's safe and secure.

I'd really appreciate any tips on hotels at the beach and also at the other top 4 destinations i.e. Mand, Bagan, Inle, Yangon. Besides Yangon where I want to have a couple of days to findmy feet, I'm happy with guesthouses. Finally, can you advise as to the best place to book iternal flights via the web?

Thanks

Laurie

Mentioned in this post
Yangon (Rangoon)
Yangon (Rangoon)
Yangon Region, Myanmar
Bagan
Bagan
Mandalay Region, Myanmar
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
4 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: ngapali bayview resort

The easiest way to book domestic flights is through a Burma-based travel agent. Exotissimo Travel, Columbus Travels and Tours and Diethelm Travel are three of the biggest travel agents in Burma. You can find them on the web. (e.g. www.exotissimo.com)

You can check with the agencies noted above for the latest flight schedules and seat availability.

I don't think you'll have any trouble finding a place to stay on short notice. From what I understand, this will be a fairly quiet peak season in Burma.

It can get chilly in Upper Burma this time of the year. So bring a sweater, socks and long pants.

Finally, be sure to bring mint-condition US dollars. (The travel agencies accept Visa and Mastercard, but you'll need cash for your other expenses.)

switzerland
Level Contributor
96 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: ngapali bayview resort

Yangoon: stayed at Classique Inn for 30 USD a double. I highly recommend this place, absolutely clean, large room (excellent mattress), friendly staff, residential area. I booked trough their web. They can book your air tickets, too. I told them dates and destination and they made the reservation for me. I paid when i arrived in Yangon.

Mandalay: first tried "Peacock Lodge"(Lonely planet author s choice), 21$. I didn t like it. It s true what they say that you got a burmese family feeling and owners are friendly. But for me, it was too dirty. Mattress was old and uncomfortable, and overall room was not clean and a bit outside center. I moved to "Hongta Hotel", 25$. Large room, clean, and center. I checked as well "Royal Guesthouse"(corner of "Hongta Hotel"), they asked 12$. Good choice too. Clean and friendly and for the price, very good.

Bagan: stayed in Nyaung Oo area. "Yar Kinn Thar Hotel", 30$. Very nice and large bungalow.

Ngapali: "Lin Thar Oo Lodge" asks 20 for a bamboo bungalow (bit dirty for me) and also have dormitories for 12$. I didn t find any other less then 30 here. But you can try, once there, the "Ngapali Beach Hotel" or "Pleasant View Resort" (PVR) their offer. They asked me 45$ but if few tourists you may negotiate.

All rooms with AC, mini bar, TV, except "Lin Thar Oo".

In "Peacock lodge" AC is very old, this means lot of noise and room very warm (so you need it).

Last november there were no tourists at all, so you could find accomodations and negotiate prices with no problem. I don t know if the fact it s new year can make things different. Maybe someone living there can help with this.

For air tickets the problem wasn t there were full, but that flights were canceled due to few passengers.

Mentioned in this post
Classique Inn
Classique Inn
317 Reviews
Yangon (Rangoon), Myanmar
Mandalay
Mandalay
Mandalay Region, Myanmar
Peacock Lodge
Peacock Lodge
287 Reviews
Mandalay, Myanmar
Bagan
Bagan
Mandalay Region, Myanmar
Ngapali
Ngapali
Rakhine State, Myanmar
Lin Thar Oo Lodge
Lin Thar Oo Lodge
112 Reviews
Ngapali, Myanmar
Ngapali Beach
Ngapali Beach
1,187 Reviews
Ngapali, Myanmar
Pleasant View Resort
Pleasant View Resort
245 Reviews
Ngapali, Myanmar
17. Re: ngapali bayview resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 pm, October 17, 2009