We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning a trip to Myanmar in November

London, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
609 reviews
Save Topic
Planning a trip to Myanmar in November

Hi all!

My boyfriend and I are thinking to go and explore as much as we can of Myanmar in November. We were thinking to go for about 2 weeks and a half (cannot do more because of work).

First of all I was wondering what the weather was like in November there if any of you have been at this time?

We have travelled to Bali and Vietnam and loved it. What we did was only book accommodation for like the 2 first nights we arrived and then founds places to stay as we went along. I have read on the net that this is a bit more difficult to do in Burma as there are fewer hotels/guesthouses and they are also more expensive. What would you guys recommend?

I also read that it's a lot more pricey there compared to Vietnam for example. We are 2 and would probably have like £1000 each for everything once there (transport/attractions/food/hotels..)

As we are somehow limited in time and the country is so big with so many fantastic places to see what do you think would be a great itinerary? We would land in Yangon, then would like to see the lake, mountains, beach, locals... you name it! ;)

I think there is also some festivals around that time, lights and hot air balloon.. Any experiences?

I know I'm asking for a lot so I really appreciate your help and your advice!

Thanks!

Christelle

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
16,627 posts
386 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning a trip to Myanmar in November

Just a few quick thoughts, and welcome to the Myanmar forum-there are lots of helpful people posting here.

November weather is ideal and accommodation should be available as peak season has not yet commenced.

Your spend of £1000 ($1600) per person should be OK,but the balloon trip is $350!! As long as your initial first few nights rooms are booked you should be OK in November for booking ahead as you go along but do not just arrive at a destination expected rooms.

Can I suggest you look at the Top Questions,especially the one on Trip Reports & Itineraries as that has some great links to threads on budget travelling.

SS

HongKong
Level Contributor
82 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning a trip to Myanmar in November

Hi SS, we are going too in Nov. and yes, I think we'd do the same as Chrystelle, ie book the first two nights and then shop around again. My questions:-

1. would it be easy to get a public phone or use hotel's phone to call another town like Bagan and Mandalay and try to book hotels/lodging there?

2. Is using public phone easy to locate (not broken, vandalized) and what's the charge like for calling outstation from Yangon?

3.Worth getting a prepaid mobile no.? We're only in Burma for 8-9 days.

Thanks!

Shellharbour...
Level Contributor
173 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Planning a trip to Myanmar in November

My trip report from last November may be of assistance.

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g294190-i9408-k…

Yangon (Rangoon...
Level Contributor
219 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Planning a trip to Myanmar in November

Hi ,

You come and visit Myanmar in November is Myanmar touring

high season. The weather is winter season. At this time good

for travelling in Myanmar.

You already decided come and visit Myanmar in this time,

you should book all by Government Official Local Agents.

The agents who is reliable and legally or not you can check from

Union of Myanmar Travel Association member list.

All members are reliable and legally.

You should book all before 2months because Myanmar still not

enough transportation and accommodation also other inferstructure.

May be Balloons over Bagan.( 320 USD/pax for this year price but

mostly full book )

Budget for 2and half weeks, 2000USD/ pax is enough.

You should see the Lake- Inn Taw Gyi / Inle

Mountain- Kyaik Tee Yoe/ Zwe Ka Bin

Beach- Ngwe Saung

Locals- Bagan / Yangon / Mandalay

Hope this help

AMKyaw

5. Re: Planning a trip to Myanmar in November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, March 28, 2015