We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report - Hpa-an to Mawlamyine

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,802 posts
233 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report - Hpa-an to Mawlamyine

Hi everyone,

Finally, another installment of my trip report:

…blogspot.com.au/2013/05/myanmar-part-5-hpa-…

It covers Hpa-an market, Shwe Yinh Myaw temple in Hpa-an town, Kaw Ka Taung (or Kawka Taung) cave, Sadder cave, Kawhnat pagoda (in Kawhnat village), and Mawlamyine.

More coming soon.

Feel free to ask any queries, enjoy!

- K

Pantin, France
Destination Expert
for Myanmar
Level Contributor
834 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report - Hpa-an to Mawlamyine

Interesting. I hope your report will be useful for those who want to travel off beaten track to Hpa An

Colden, New York
Level Contributor
2,922 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report - Hpa-an to Mawlamyine

Another interesting read. Thanks for sharing.

Gatton, Australia
Level Contributor
271 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report - Hpa-an to Mawlamyine

Hi,

That's a great report/blog. You must take a great deal of notes to recall all that detail: anyway whatever system you use it makes interesting reading.

Thank you.

ciaran

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,802 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report - Hpa-an to Mawlamyine

Hi,

Glad you're enjoying. I am writing up the next part about Mawlamyine and then onto Bagan, but I keep having to do too much work - someone tell my boss to ease off...

I take a lot of pictures that help jog the old memory, including of the signs that may be displayed in each area. Plus I take notes and keep all the maps/brochures so I get the right place names etc.

Hope then next parts won't be too far away...

- K

california
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report - Hpa-an to Mawlamyine

Hi,

Can you please tell me how much you paid for your driver and how you arranged for him? We want to go to hpa an and will be taking an overnight bus from hsipaw to Yangon tomorrow.

Thanks

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,802 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Report - Hpa-an to Mawlamyine

Hi risa,

We arranged our driver through our agent, One Stop Myanmar. Maybe get in touch with a local agent to see if you can book a driver with one of them. You may be able to find someone once you're in Yangon. Price will vary depending on the number of nights etc but $100 US per day my be a ball-park guesstimate... - K

7. Re: Trip Report - Hpa-an to Mawlamyine

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 21, 2014