We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Top 2 bus companies for overnight bus Yangon- Bagan

California
Level Contributor
1,199 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Top 2 bus companies for overnight bus Yangon- Bagan

Arrival at Yangon airport at 1:45 P.M in early January. We would like to take the most comfortable, reliable and cleanest overnight bus. Which two bus companies would you recommend? Where would the best seats be for 2 people?

Thanks in advance

Bangkok
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Top 2 bus companies for overnight bus Yangon- Bagan

Last time ,I took JJ company and I highly recommend it.

It's a bit more expensive (around 18 USD one way) but it's more comfortable and the service is top notch.

2. Re: Top 2 bus companies for overnight bus Yangon- Bagan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:43 am, November 13, 2013
California
Level Contributor
1,199 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Top 2 bus companies for overnight bus Yangon- Bagan

Thank you. How many seats per row between the aisle? Also, is the right or left side the best for sightseeing on the bus? Any toilet on the bus?

Yangon (Rangoon...
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Top 2 bus companies for overnight bus Yangon- Bagan

J J is 2+1 & Bagan Minn Thar is 2+2 . Left side is best for sightseeing . No have toilet on the bus . On the way stop 1~2 time for rest/meal& toilet .

yangon
Destination Expert
for Bagan
Level Contributor
574 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Top 2 bus companies for overnight bus Yangon- Bagan

Cheap, comfortable new buses are running by,

1. Shwe Mandalar

2. Lumbini

3. Mandalar Minn

Most of the hotel receptions book direct to bus company.

The best choice companies between Yangon, Mandalay, Inlay and Bagan.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
410 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Top 2 bus companies for overnight bus Yangon- Bagan

Is the bus company from Yangon to Bagan offer day bus from 8am? I read a previous post that the schedule is either 8am or 8pm from Yangon but the guesthouse only offer me overnight bus. Any advise?

bristol uk
Level Contributor
914 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Top 2 bus companies for overnight bus Yangon- Bagan

Good question,i would also like to know the answer,as i would prefer to travel in the day to see things as i go along

Turin, Italy
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Top 2 bus companies for overnight bus Yangon- Bagan

Dear all,

I've tried to email to JJ express (joyousjourney.express@gmail.com) more than a week ago, but I've not received any answer.

Do you know whether the company has changed its email addrtess or whether another way to book the bus tickets in advance exists?

Thanks!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Top 2 bus companies for overnight bus Yangon- Bagan

Did u manage to book JJ bus?

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
4 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Top 2 bus companies for overnight bus Yangon- Bagan

The only acceptable bus company in Myanmar is JJ Express. You are literally taking your life in your hands when you choose another one. We did JJ on the way to Bagan from Yangon and it was literally the best night bus I've ever seen in Asia. We took Mandalar Minh Express on the way back and it was one of the worst 12 hour periods in my life. It was $4 cheaper but you will pay much more in anxiety, fear, and discomfort. It will also stop along every single village between Bagan and Yangon, all while blaring the latest Burmese pop hits till 4 a.m.