We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Money in Myanmar

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Money in Myanmar

Hi,

I have read a lot of post, but I'm still confused....hope someone can help me with my questions :-)

1. I'm flying from Bangkok to Yangon. Is it more easy to get the dollar I need in Bangkok before arriving in Yangon? Or is it ATM's in the airport in Yangon I can use?

2. I'm going for one week in the beginning of February. How much dollar do I need to take with me? I need money for flights from Yangon-Bagan and back + the normal things as accommodation (budget), food, buss, train etc.. I know this is a difficult question, but I hope someone have an approximately amount for me.

Thank you very much in advance :)

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
14,712 posts
356 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Money in Myanmar

1. Get your US $ at BKK airport if you have not obtained them in Denmark.You can also change € in Yangon but not DKK.

2.If you have not already prebooked your accommodation and airline tickets with a local Agent then do so-you cannot just hope to turn up and find accommodation even if you are on a budget.

We need to know your style of travel-even on basic accommodation you will need at least $40 a day for rooms,food and drink and fees etc not including travel costs.

SS

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
139 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Money in Myanmar

We were, once again, in Myanmar last summer. They still like dollars in perfect condition. It is much more easy to find those at home because you have more time to look at the notes one by one.

Cheers

Véro

3. Re: Money in Myanmar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:15 pm, December 17, 2013