We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone heard of or used Myanmar Delight Travels and Tour

Mexico City
Level Contributor
16 posts
95 reviews
Has anyone heard of or used Myanmar Delight Travels and Tour

We are going in December this year and would like help to book flights and hotels, but we like doing the rest of the traveling on our own. I wrote to Myanmar Delight Travels and Tour and got a very quick response but I wonder whether they are reliable and, also, whether they are family run. Thanks.

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Level Contributor
88 posts
55 reviews
1. Re: Has anyone heard of or used Myanmar Delight Travels and Tour

Hi,

I am using Myanmar Delight for all my lodging, internal flights, and transport(car and boats) I worked with them to come up with my itinerary. I fly to Myanmar next week October 10th. Dr Zin has been great to work with my changing of proposed itineraries.

I will be able to tell you more after October 30, 2012. A little late for making plans for high season I realize. Maybe if the internet is running well I can send a quick message on my first impressions on arrival and meeting with them to get all my vouchers etc.

So far I have been very happy.

Not sure if family run.

Hope this helps.

Zihuadeb

Mexico City
Level Contributor
16 posts
95 reviews
2. Re: Has anyone heard of or used Myanmar Delight Travels and Tour

This helps very much! Thanks for letting me know. I look forward to hearing from you once you're there if you're able to send a note. Safe travels!

yangon
Level Contributor
1,281 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: Has anyone heard of or used Myanmar Delight Travels and Tour

ႈIf you scroll around this forum , you will see numbers of recommendation for the said Myanmar Delight Travel.

I seen it quiet often.

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Level Contributor
88 posts
55 reviews
4. Re: Has anyone heard of or used Myanmar Delight Travels and Tour

Hi frontera60,

I sent you a private message to your Trip Advisor email, did you receive it?

So far I am pleased with Myanmar Delight. I left Bagan today and I am now in Mandalay.

Zihuadeb

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
5. Re: Has anyone heard of or used Myanmar Delight Travels and Tour

Hello, how did you arrange for the 30% payment, we have been asked to deposit into an account In Singapore.

It sound as family run but also seems to be reliable. Thanks

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
17,714 posts
404 reviews
6. Re: Has anyone heard of or used Myanmar Delight Travels and Tour

sergio

see Top Questions on how to wire money to an Agent

Edited: 7:17 am, October 17, 2012
NYC
Level Contributor
130 posts
16 reviews
7. Re: Has anyone heard of or used Myanmar Delight Travels and Tour

Hi, We are leaving today and also using Dr.Zin, I would appreciate anything you can tell us about the trip. We will be giving him money for all our bookings on friday. Has everything worked out for you?

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Level Contributor
88 posts
55 reviews
8. Re: Has anyone heard of or used Myanmar Delight Travels and Tour

So, far the trip has been fantastic! Dr Zin is lovely. She and her daughter met me at the airport with a bouquet of roses. I leave Mandalay today for Inle Lake.

Internet wifi a lot faster then I thought it would be.

Weather has been hot and humid and no rain so far.

Zihuadeb

Lismore
4 posts
1 review
9. Re: Has anyone heard of or used Myanmar Delight Travels and Tour

I am thinking of travelling to Myanmar in March/April 2013 on my own and would like a reliable travel agent in Myanmar, not affiliated with the Government to book my hotels and transfers with. I have been reading a number of good recommendations from people about Myanmar delight Travel and Tours. Anyone had any bad experiences with them as most seem good? I am also going to be travelling alone. I am a woman aged 50, is this a good option or should I stick to an organised tour?

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Level Contributor
88 posts
55 reviews
10. Re: Has anyone heard of or used Myanmar Delight Travels and Tour

Hi dunoontravelb,

I am on my last full day of a 20 day trip using Myanmar Delight. I am a 55 Y/O female traveling solo.

It has been a wonderful trip. I am in Yangon right now waiting for the market to open.

I would say go for traveling on your own you will be able to do more of what you want to do and not on a group schedule.

I chose to go without a guide and just have the hotels and all transportation booked, air, car and boat.

Myanmar Delight is a family business and not a government one.

Dr Zin and her daughter are delightful met at the airport by both of them. Her nephew Joe was my driver in Yangon and to Ngwe Saung Beach and back. I really enjoyed having him as my driver, plus his English was quite good.

If you require that all your drivers and boatman speak English let her know. I had a mix of English speaking and very limited English speakers which was fine for me.

I am very pleased with the excellent service provided by Myanmar Delight.

I hope this helps.

Off to enjoy my last day in Myanmar.

Zihuadeb