We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Asia Travel & Leisure / Myanmartravel.com

Brits in la Palma
Level Contributor
63 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Asia Travel & Leisure / Myanmartravel.com

We are looking to book with Asia Travel & Leisure and wondered if anyone has used them for their tour in Myanmar. Please advise.

Thanks

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
14,841 posts
357 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Asia Travel & Leisure / Myanmartravel.com

My only comment is that this is a Vietnamese Company with an office in Yangon.They may be excellent but many posts here seem to suggest that you should deal with a privately owned Myanmar based Agent to ensure close personal service and to also to ensure the income goes to local businesses rather through an external Agent who, no doubt, add their %.

My personal suggestion is to ask a local Agent to price for the identical itinerary to ensure you are not paying over the odds.

Whatever decision you make please post again with your experience so to help fellow travellers.

Warsaw, Poland
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Asia Travel & Leisure / Myanmartravel.com

We (4 people) took a trip "From AngkorWat to Bagan" from Myanmar Travel agency - www.myanmartravel.com - in Februrary 2012 and I have to say that it was perfectly organized on every stage. The program was very interesting, hotels had excellent locations, the guides were professional and flexible, they adjusted sightseeing to our needs so that we could find also the time for relaxtion. I can recommend this travel agency.

Małgorzata Chrusciel, Poland

Edited: 2:42 am, July 26, 2012
London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Asia Travel & Leisure / Myanmartravel.com

Hi,

I booked with Myanmar Travel mid 2011 and travelled to Burma in February 2012.

We couldn't have been happier with the arrangements. In fairness we picked the hotels ourselves, as friend had made recommendations, but they arranged the hotels, internal travel, collection from airports and guides and everything worked out extremely well without any hiccups. We dealt with Hong and she was also very good and from my experience I have no hesitation in recommending them

Warks.England
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,841 posts
357 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Asia Travel & Leisure / Myanmartravel.com

Both posters joined today,did their first post today and posted glowing reports on the agent today.Neither posted after their visit,nor did an itinerary or a hotel review!

Enough said,make your conclusion.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Asia Travel & Leisure / Myanmartravel.com

Silver Swimmer, fair point.

To clarify...I told Myanmar Travel when I returned earlier this year that I would be very happy to recommend them and they could happily pass on my details if anybody required a reference, which they have done and I have provided references to several people directly. They emailed me yesterday and asked if I would be happy to respond to a request on Tripadvisor which I have done. I agreed to these requests as I was genuinely happy with the service. I do not work in the travel industry, I have only been to Burma once and I don't have any Burmese relations.

You shouldn't seek to criticise unless you are aware of the facts or if indeed you have had a bad experience.

Warks.England
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,841 posts
357 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Asia Travel & Leisure / Myanmartravel.com

Hi Anthony.

Fair point, sounds like good marketing to me.

First hand recommendations are always welcome and we have been lucky on the Myanmar forum in avoiding Agents spam and self promotion.

The mods normally close down obvious posts that breach TA guidelines.

I am sure you will realise that the forums can be inundated by posts that can be subject to query. Those first time posters recommending Agents are a classic but it would certainly appear that you are very much a genuine traveller, although your post was prompted by your Agent. Perhaps you would be so good as to join in the forums with your experiences and also post hotel reviews,toolbar left,so as to help future fellow travellers to Myanmar.

SS

Kingston upon...
Level Contributor
1 post
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Asia Travel & Leisure / Myanmartravel.com

We used Myanmar Travel for a two week stay in Myanmar in June 2012. We correspondended with several agents from the UK via e.mail prior to departure and they were the only agent who answered promptly and courteously. We asked them to book hotels of our choice, internal flights and transfers at each of our destinations. We had a couple of unusual circumstances during our trip and they were available by phone to help us through. All the drivers were punctual and polite with clean cars. Wherever possible we spent as much money as possible out of the hotels using local guides and taxis and not just using that which was provided by the hotels and this just added to the 'adventure' of the trip. Nice to travel independently, but to have the support of an Agent if required.

Williamson Family July 2012

Oftringen
Level Contributor
1 post
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Asia Travel & Leisure / Myanmartravel.com

Hello

We were travelling in Burma end of February 2012 with Myanmartravel. As others already stated, Myanmartravel provide a very good service (even they are managing out of Vietnam).

All bookings were done as requested, all trips well organized, perfect German speaking guide, people always on time and really nothing to complain.

We can recommend Myanmartravel to others!

Hotel reviews already done beginning of March

Miami, Florida
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Asia Travel & Leisure / Myanmartravel.com

This is an excellent agency. We (2 people) took 14 Day tour called the Grand Indochina Tour in Feb. 2013

arranged by Ms. Hue Nguyen of Myanmar Travel.com. We had the most enjoyable, wonderful trip and we can highly recomment this tour company.

I had searched long time online for a suitable, good tour itinerary and agency.

She was flexible and I could get some parts of the itinerary changed to suit our needs. I thought the price was very reasonable in comparison with other agency's quoted prices.

We loved nice hotels with excellent breakfasts. A few hotels they booked us into

were beautiful, especially the one (Aureum Palace Hotel) in Bagan.

I was very apprehensive at first when I had to pay the deposit and also even before we got on the airplane to

reach Yangon. We worried and wondered if this agency's Burmese guide and driver would be really there to pick us up at the airport and take us on the described tour or not.

We shouldn't have worried. They were all there waiting, smiling and happy to see us even when the plane was delayed fror several hours. All their guides and drivers were punctual, nice and kind. They went out of

their way to please us.

The frst person who wrote the review here mentions that we should use Myanmar based travel agency in order to help their economy, not Vietnam based agency. I would like to ask him/her, "Do you buy all your clothes, household goods, appliances, electrical goods, car, etc. which were made in only your own country in order to help your country's economy?"

Anyway, Vietnam is also relatively poor country which needs tourists' dollars. This tour company does have branch office in Yangon and employs the local employees and it is helpling their people and economy.

By the way we live in Florida, USA.

Warks.England
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,841 posts
357 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Asia Travel & Leisure / Myanmartravel.com

Thank you-perhaps you would be so kind as to post your hotel reviews,so as to further help future travellers.

SS