We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Myeik accommodation and travel?! - and diving?

london
1 post
Save Topic
Myeik accommodation and travel?! - and diving?

I'm planning on going to Myeik this june to travel around the archipelago, im a diver and plan to do as much diving as i can whilst im out there, however i dont want to be paying 1000's of bucks for a livaboard, so i was wondering whether anyone knows of operators based in myeik, the cheapest places to stay, whether you're allowed to camp and fish and the easiest way of getting around the region to surrounding islands and beaches etc.? any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
15,819 posts
371 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Myeik accommodation and travel?! - and diving?

You need a special licence to get to Myeik and the only feasible way is to pay big bucks for a livaboard out of Thailand. No way can you wander around/camp/fish in this tourist restrictive area.

See this TT thread:-

www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/thread.jspa…

Yangon, Myanmar
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon)
Level Contributor
1,065 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Myeik accommodation and travel?! - and diving?

June is our rainy season. Storm, windy, wavy. I think they won't offer any diving tour. Anyhow, if you wish please try Moby Dick and Asian Whales.

Pantin, France
Destination Expert
for Myanmar
Level Contributor
829 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Myeik accommodation and travel?! - and diving?

I think your plan may not work well. The flights to Myeik or Kawthaung will not be operated stably. The flights are often cancelled.

4. Re: Myeik accommodation and travel?! - and diving?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, June 22, 2013