We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lin Thar OO Lodge or Royal Beach Motel in Ngapali

Lancaster...
Level Contributor
1,160 posts
9 reviews
Lin Thar OO Lodge or Royal Beach Motel in Ngapali

I need to make a decision between those hotels. Which hotel is more authentic, romantic, and better situated in Ngapali?

The best room in Lin Thar is $60 per a night, and Royal Beach is around the same price.

Thank you!

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
18,219 posts
418 reviews
1. Re: Lin Thar OO Lodge or Royal Beach Motel in Ngapali

OK-whilst I have visited all of them I have not stayed at either of them.

Royal Beach is the furthest South and is nearer Pearl Island and the fishermans village and is furthest away from the upmarket hotels but there are decent restaurants nearby. Lin Thar is between Aureum and BayView.

Royal Beach beach is more natural but because the bay turns towards the West at the Southern end there is more shade from the coconut palms.

Both are reported to have electricity blackouts.

Royal Beach is reviewed on TA but it may be worth researching on Thorntree,Myanmar forum for those who have stayed at both.

switzerland
Level Contributor
96 posts
29 reviews
2. Re: Lin Thar OO Lodge or Royal Beach Motel in Ngapali

I was on Ngapali on nov 2008. I don t know if since then, Lin Thar Oo went under renovation but 60$ is too much for it, and also for Royal Beach.

Both are backpacker style.

Staff is much more friendly at Lin Thar Oo.

Try Laguna Lodge, is further the more romantic around the the same price range.

In Lin Thar Oo i checked a bungalow, it was nice and large but toilets were terrible, very smelly. I checked the web, toilet seems renovated (but photo not very clear). Rooms look the same. Nice balcony at the front. And very peaceful surrounding.

At Royal beach i was showed a room, on a main building (1st floor, sea view), very small, warm, and extremely noisy. Noise is important for me, so i run away. I m not very objective regarding Royal Beach (i will never stayed there). Plus, i arrived with no reservation, so i checked all hotels on the strip. And at Royal beach, they insisted in asking where i was staying before telling me the room price. So, we had a small argue because i said what was the difference where i was, tell me the price!

Check Pleasent View resort, they made an excellent price for me (i stayed there finally).

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,142 posts
92 reviews
3. Re: Lin Thar OO Lodge or Royal Beach Motel in Ngapali

Depending on the season, you will be paying higher rates. I was quoted $70 for the cheapest room at Royal Beach and $40 at Lin Thar Oo for December. I chose the latter. $40 is a lot of money to be paying for a beach shack in a developing country, but you really have no choice there. The other "resorts" start at US$100 per night.

Lancaster...
Level Contributor
1,160 posts
9 reviews
4. Re: Lin Thar OO Lodge or Royal Beach Motel in Ngapali

Thanks a lot everyone who answered!

I will write to Laguna Lodge.

and yes, we are some kind on backpacker's level with our trip to Myanmar.

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,142 posts
92 reviews
5. Re: Lin Thar OO Lodge or Royal Beach Motel in Ngapali

The Laguna Lodge is also $40 per night. Here is the website

http://lagunalodge-myanmar.com/9.html

6. Re: Lin Thar OO Lodge or Royal Beach Motel in Ngapali

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 am, October 04, 2012